U.S. Mil Set to Intercept N. Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missile

Weird

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well' date=' I am sure Weird and Young Farang will run and enlist at the first sign of trouble! That is after all, what good conservative do! :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo [/quote']

I don't love you that way, go play with somebody else.

Seriously, if we get into it as a nation with North Korea, will you and Young Farang go and fight for your country? This is a hypothetical question, not like you actually have to do it.

I had a 30 day TDY there...the hype then was The north could poor over the border, use their sleeper agents to take out our air bases with a gas attack, and take Seoul in 15 hours, and the Peninsula in about 5-10 days.

That may been assuming China backed them, and they had food and fuel. Of course it also didn't account for the USA having it's troops stretched to the max in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I had a 30 day TDY there...the hype then was The north could poor over the border, use their sleeper agents to take out our air bases with a gas attack, and take Seoul in 15 hours, and the Peninsula in about 5-10 days.

That may been assuming China backed them, and they had food and fuel. Of course it also didn't account for the USA having it's troops stretched to the max in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Disagree.

Korea has their big guns everywhere!

I was working in Pohan and the steel mill there had big guns, 1/2 aimed at Japan, 1/2 aimed at N. Korea. The Koreans are kick-ass military! Bring on N. Korea, S. Korea will give them a ride!!!

The war might last as long as the raqi war has. The last time we fought the Koreans, it last for some time.

Not really ... the N Koreans got whomped rather quickly. NK invaded the South in June 1950; by October the UN forces had invaded the North. Then the PRC sent in "volunteers". From Nov 1950 to the ceasefire in July 1953, the war was really against the Chinese. That is not going to happen again.

I'd say just as likely that the NoKo soldiers would have massive defections/surrenders ala the Iraqis...

Cheers,

SD

Yeah, but we tended to keep the S. Koreans a bit further back, and in many cases less informed. The belief was They might not shoot at their "brothers" or might have been "reunification pukes" themselves. Not counting on anything, this last run in Iraq was supposed to be over in 3 weeks, and gas was supposed to be $1.39 at the pump...

And yes, the Koreans do have many very good fighters, solid hard core guys. And Flash is right, We had them the last time until China came in. Some blame MacArthur's rhetoric for it. In any event I hope it all ends soon with diplomacy, though I doubt it.

Archived