McSomtam!

I agree with BB that food is a part of a people?s culture. I find it unpleasant that they want to adapt a national dish to their own style.

I don?t know how much of their business would come from tourists. I just can?t understand why in a country like Thailand anyone visiting for less than a month would even contemplate eating there. If everyone were like me they would be out of business in one month.

We'll have to wait and see how long the McSomtam lasts. I don't think it will make it. The materials required to make it will require using non-traditional suppliers and supply lines. Not sure how the production process will fit with the other standard items produced on the menu.

They sometimes get carried away with thinking they can do anything. Other big flops I can think of are selling pizzas and "barbequed" pork ribs. Obviously they are not content with their current market share and are trying to expand.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PvTDick,

No, I dont want to start an argument here, better to do that face to face with a drink in one hand and a girl's ... in the other....

Remember I posted with a smilie, right ?

Anyway, the Brits and the French were there before you ( with constitutions ), but yes it was revolutionary.

However I do fail to see where and when it had a huge impact on the history of the rest of the world......

DB,

First, what happened to both our avatars ? got kicked out ??????

About my comment on Florida : first of all I posted with a smilie, secondly that farce was the joke on all newsstations around the world for the whole duration............

As a conclusion : elections is just a big business and nothing to do with democraty......

And no, no reason to get kicked of the board, this is in no way a political discussion........smile.gif

The American Constitution (adopted in 1789) preceded the French constitution. Indeed, it was the French soldiers, to whom we are forever grateful, who fought alongside the Colonists who took the idea of revolution back to France.

Wow! sorry guys, didn't mean to start a fight here! I just ment, I don't like MD's anyplace, especially overseas. Basically, a lot of people haver the idea that America is MDs, Mickey Mouse, and Chain restaurants. In fact, all the good food in America is foreign, Chinese, Thai, French etc...maybe a few independant places for burgers! Basically, I leave America to see new things, so I don't necessarily like seeing American stuff half way around the world.

But then I suppose one could argue that if noone supported it, it would go away, but then who is supporting it? Thais with a taste for crappy greasy food? or farang tourists who don't want to eat the local fare?

Anyway, I didn't mean to spark an argument, so I hope there won't be any further fighting !:)

Archived