McSomtam!

[color:red] I'm still trying to figure out why Sizzeler is popular there! color=red>

It is definitely the food bar. I end up taking most of my straight girl dates to Sizzler's on their request either before or after the movies at the WTC. None of them particularly care for the fare on the menu. Most just order the food bar and enjoy going back and forth many times and eating whatever they want. It is funny though as they will often go and return with just a few items on their plate whereas I return with enough food on my plate to fill a dump truck.

Also, I think Sizzler's is still perceived as sort of a status Western place. Lots of young people and students go too. I guess Sizzler's in the US went out of business in some regions, but continues in others.

By the way, the ones in WTC and in CP Tower on Silom Road often have long lines of people waiting to be seating. Not usually so though with the one in the Royal Garden Shopping Plaza in Pattaya most nights.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Chula girl lovethe food bar, and it was before the movies...hey, are/were we dating the same girl? I thought it was funny, because she and the others were watching me to see how I made and ate a salad. Yes, the place was packed! Even here, Sizzeler usually attracts a certain demographic, who all hit the food bar with a vengence. True a lot of sizzelers did close, but as a whole, the chain went more up scale.

I stopped seeing the Chula girl months ago. But, Sizzler's in the WTC certainly is an attraction for them. They often gather there in bunches after school.

One of the nice Thai restaurants in the WTC I like to take dates before/after the flicks is Vijit on the ground floor.

Are you an ice skater?

Take a Thai girl to the ice skating rink on the 8th floor of the WTC. I am not a great skater, but most Thais don't have a clue. I don't think I've had more fun than when I saw a number of my dates step on to the ice for the first time in their lives. Just priceless! laugh.gif

As a matter, of fact, I played ice hockey in college. I really stunk mind you but so what! Yes, I have been to the rink at WTC, it is a great experience, if for no other reason, you are skating in Thailand! Entertainment wise, WTC kicks ass! day glo bowling, great movies, any pool halls?

I went to Sizzler's twice and thought it sucked! The food certainly wasn't 'sizzlin' and not that great either.

The Thais love it though because of the multi-trip salad bar. At most of the other places, they only get one shot at the salad bar and have to construct an Eiffel tower of garden delights. Thai people are like Luther on the old TV show "Coach". Even if it isn't that good or they're not hungry...what the hell! The point is that it's FREE!!! wink.gif

Gotta admit though...the burgers at McD's and Burger Kruengthep are better than the ones here in the USA!

Archived