McSomtam!

BB,

I don't want to pick a fight. (I like your idea of beer and broads at twenty paces)

But, I must challenge your notion the constitutions of either the UK or France pre-date that of the US.

The first (psuedo-democratic) constitution of France was created by Louis XVIII (Louis-Philippe) who reigned from 1830-1848. This constitution was loosely based on that of the US.

England, technically, does not even have a constitution. It is still considered a monarchy with elected representation. Not a true constitutional monarchy.

Follow this link if you would like to see wherein lays the difference:

http://www.ukembassy.gov.bh/embassy/britcons.htm

There are several countries, including France, who have used the US constitution as a frame work. Obviously England is not on that list.

I make no claim as to whether this is either good or bad. I was simply trying to get some accuracy in this debate.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,

I never would have eaten Mcdonalds or Burger King while in LOS, but one night I offered to take this cute little Pattaya honey out to dinner. I was hoping to experience yet another killer Thai meal (I am a chef, after all) but alas, when I asked her where she wanted to go it was "Burger King". When confronted with that beautiful smile I was helpless, so it was off to Royal Garden for Whoppers. For some reason the scene in Pulp Fiction where they were discussing "Le Royale with cheese" kept entering my mind.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I hate to dredge up this Mc Thread for you fast food haters, but the following headline appeared in today's The Nation:

MC DONALD'S DROPS ITS BUNS FOR THAILAND

Ah, not quite what you poonhounds might be thinking.

In keeping with the Mc Somtam theme, Mc D's will be marching out a new Sticky Rice Pork Burger - yum!

This culinary masterpiece will be bun-less, and will feature a pork patty (probably made from pig snouts or Spam) sandwiched between two sticky-rice patties. Patty on patties.

All for only 25 baht or you can get the famous Mc Somtam in its shaker cup with a coke (why no Beer Chang?) for 59 baht.

Hell, and people ask me why I love Thailand.smile.gif

Taste can?t be high on McDonalds priorities. Costs and merchandizing, now that?s what they care about. Grass fed beef will definitely be cheaper. Will probably need more additives to taste as good as grain fed beef.

Do McDonalds in Thailand have contests and toy sales like they do in North America?

I consider myself somewhat of a Mc D's expert - some say I even resemble Ronald Mc Donald. smile.gif

I have not seen much in the way of contests here. I think you are referring to the ones where you collect game pieces (Monopoly, etc.) and try to win prize that don't exist. None of that here. Although one time I did win a prize (a coaster, I think) when I played that game with those little fishes swimming around and their mouths opening and closing. I grabbed a dozen of those suckers in a minute. Big fun.

But, the Mc D's here do have plenty of toys. I am a collector of Happy Meal toys. I have a whole shitload of them, and I don't know why. Yes, I do. I often go to the bars and have fun with them. Last night I had a Pokemon one which features an air bulb attached to it. When you squeeze it the Pokemon's hands wave at you. More big fun with the bargirls. Also, when the toys start to fill my room I donate them to local orphanages.

There was an article in The Post not too long ago that detailed one family here that had thousands of Happy Meal toys in their collection. Also, there is a shop on Silom Road that sells the toys. Some, like the Around The World Snoopy collection, have become rather valuable here. Ahh, that's it, I am collecting Happy Meal toys to supplement my meager pension when they become worth big $$$.

Archived