Sarkozy says burqas are not welcome in France

Flashermac

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't say the lack of integration is total. Obviously immigrants prefer to live among their own kind but that's just human nature. Many seem to integrate very well especially second generation.

In this world and age, that is outdated, the world has become too small to isolate yourselves....

I can't say I feel threatened by muslims.

Neither do I, but it is the 'west' that is threatened by islam.

I do see intolerance on both sides but I think it is exacerbated by the problems in the Middle East. Muslims everywhere feel as though Islam is under attack. That's why they aren't ready to condemn the radicals because they see them as defending Islam. I think life would be a lot easier for all parties if the main problem, Israel/Palestine, could be resolved. Then the radicals wouldn't be able to use it as an argument. Obama seems to feel that way too. Mind you I don't think he has much chance.

You have this obsession of bringing in the Israel / Palestine problem into other dicsussions when its not relevant..... :)

BB

Guest lazyphil

Yep, its true, muslims feel threatend in Indonesia, Nigeria, sudan for example....all places they are the majority by far and have bullied minorities in a most violent manner from time to time. not forgetting muslims blowing the shit out of buddha statues in afghanistan.

You have this obsession of bringing in the Israel / Palestine problem into other dicsussions when its not relevant..... :)

BB

OK, one more time. Sarkozy says those women are forced to wear burqas in France and I don't think that's true. All I said was that burqa wearing in the West has become a political statement. I think it's done to push the limits of Western liberal philosophy and it is related to the problems in the Middle East whether you like it or not. As you say the world has become a small place and all these issues are related. Not to mention various wars going on in muslim countries. Rightly or wrongly many Muslims think that their culture/religion is under attack. Likewise seeing burqas on the streets makes many Westerners feel threatened by Islam.

You seem to have taken it personally. It wasn't my idea to turn this into a discussion about Israel/Palestine. My only 'obsession' is with the truth (as I see it).

Guest lazyphil

wearing burkhas in the uk is akin to childish goings on at my old school. white socks were frowned upon by teachers so boys wore them. rebels. petty and childish. same same and same. these morons need to grow up and in the heatwave we're having now do them a favor lol.....not on an afgham mountain side village now!!!

but up to them.

Archived