Sarkozy says burqas are not welcome in France

Flashermac

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did, and you stand out for the ignorance on the subject, quick to judge without being here.

How about the local Iman interfering by advicing the girls not to go to school anymore untill they are free to wear the scarf ?

Ever been to Europe ? ever seen how deep the problems are ?

BB

This isn't really about free-speech or the existence of god. The burka would be a non-issue if muslims weren't strapping bombs to their chests and hijacking planes. If it sounds petty, well, it is. I don't think the muslim community has done enough to denounce the radicals. And now, they are paying a (small) price.

And Faustian, just because something is obviously false doesn't mean it can't have value. A little self-delusion can be quite healthy. Ask any of the rich, successful and highly intelligent 65-yo guys with 21 yo thai brides.

I was just exploring some other relevant points. I agree with your point above also.

<>

odd, charles darwin was religious!....MLK also, need i go on?!.....gandhi.....

No, the point still stands. MLK and Gandhi, whilst great individuals, were inspiring and steadfast in their beliefs, but I doubt anyone would ascribe anything remotely approaching high intelligence to either of them. Their greatest virtues were their steadfastness, determination, strength and defiance.

Charles Darwin wrestled with the concept of god. To say he was devout is wrong. He clung to faith towards the end of his life, as many do, fearing their impending demise. I think you might need to do some more reading.

Faustion, the women in kabul maybe under pressure to wear, but those in luton or stratford i highly doubt they're forced to wear. pure beligerence. i have a friend from cairo, very nice guy, anyway, he says its total bullshit muslims wearing the burkha in the uk....

You're not quite getting the point...

Indoctrination. Religious indoctrination.

Minds inculcated.....

You should recall the honour killings in the UK of late, as proof of how strictly they adhere to their beliefs....

"Science can be created only by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion... The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

--- Einstein, 1941

One of the greatest mathematicians/physicists of all times, sir Isac Newton, was deeply religious. He was so religious that he didn't dare to publish his work on non Euclidean geometry as it would piss off the church. Apparently they had decided that Euclidean geometri was god's truth.

This only goes to show that even intelligent people can shut down their brains completely when religious issues are involved.

The guys a sofy cock. Who cares? If a woman wants to wear a burka, so what? How about women wearing mini-skirts and skimpy tops, which gets all the guys excited? That would be a problem as well, wouldn't it?

Ah where have the late sixties and early seventies gone with all these mini-skirts?

Millions of women who made my day :devil:

Never had a problem with that....but burkas? :footinmou

Now when I sit in Dubai or Abu Dhabi airport watching these faceless women I wonder where they have all gone :cussing:

However did you notice the need for fashion in the less stringent clothings? flickering and glittering pearls and other artifacts? Their shoes? :clown:

It would be good if farangs in Thailand would wear burkas also, most of them are ugly fat people anyway

And why don't Islamic man wear a veil??? (or burkas)

One of the greatest mathematicians/physicists of all times, sir Isac Newton, was deeply religious. He was so religious that he didn't dare to publish his work on non Euclidean geometry as it would piss off the church. Apparently they had decided that Euclidean geometri was god's truth.

This only goes to show that even intelligent people can shut down their brains completely when religious issues are involved.

But also it's important to remember when he lived and how contemporary society was at the time.

As I remarked earlier, religion may have served a purpose in the dim, distant, ignorant past, but nowadays there's really no excuse for such stupidity. Information is all about us that suggests an absence of any creator.

Archived