Sarkozy says burqas are not welcome in France

Flashermac

... or afraid of being the next "honor killing" victim. :(

Yep that too but I don't think it has much to do with burqas. More to do with girls having Christian boyfriends and other stupid reasons. Should be treated as murder. The burqa wearers in the West tend to be older women mostly I think. Some do it to make a statement and it's probably just a habit (lousy pun) for some of them. Sarko's point is that they are forced to wear them. I don't buy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

I've just remembered that the whores in Casablanca used to wear veils. This was a few years ago. You never knew what you were going to get but it could be a nice surprise.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's because it's become a political statement related to the problems in the Middle East.

That is totally wrong, its all about the total lack of integration of the muslim population in the west and them imposing their believes / habits on us.

Look around, same in the UK or Sweden or Italy.

Intolerance from both sides.....

BB

That's because it's become a political statement related to the problems in the Middle East.

That is totally wrong' date=' its all about the total lack of integration of the muslim population in the west and them imposing their believes / habits on us.

Look around, same in the UK or Sweden or Italy.

Intolerance from both sides.....

BB[/quote']

I wouldn't say the lack of integration is total. Obviously immigrants prefer to live among their own kind but that's just human nature. Many seem to integrate very well especially second generation.

I can't say I feel threatened by muslims. I do see intolerance on both sides but I think it is exacerbated by the problems in the Middle East. Muslims everywhere feel as though Islam is under attack. That's why they aren't ready to condemn the radicals because they see them as defending Islam. I think life would be a lot easier for all parties if the main problem, Israel/Palestine, could be resolved. Then the radicals wouldn't be able to use it as an argument. Obama seems to feel that way too. Mind you I don't think he has much chance.

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.

ALBERT EINSTEIN, The World as I See it

America has very little problem with the moslems that have migrated here from the ME. In fact, the problem for many of the parents is that their children are marrying outside their faith and ethnicity in alarming numbers.

I posted about this before but moslems in the San Fernando valley area of LA were starting their own private schools to keep their kids from being 'mainstreamed' too quickly into America.

The Persians in America by and large are extremely pro western and are at the forefront of trying to make Iran more secular.

I think the reason why America has a complete different experience with moslems is because we 'cherry picked' (using an american term) the educated, skilled moslems for the most part. Not many on the dole here if any. They are doctors, engineers, shop keepers, etc. They are firmly middle and upper middle class.

England on the other hand simply let in the masses from the former colony. They have their reasons. I'm not criticizing them for it, just noting the difference in who both countries let in from the same area. Europe seemed to have done two things. Like England, they let in people en masse no matter their skill level or education from former colonies. France let in those from their holdings in northern Africa. Second, Europe needed manual labor. They imported a workfore comprised partially of moslems from all over.

When you do that, you're going to get those that are chronically under priveleged, poor and eventually bitter. They will want to blame someone.

Also, maybe its a cultural thing but a lot of the educated in England and Europe became militant in thought if not in practice. America has not experienced a similar thing. At least not in the numbers across the pond. Maybe we do a better job of integrating. Maybe after living in America for some time, the patriotic nationalism most Americans are known for affected them the same way it did to prior immigrants like the Irish, Italian, etc.?

Who knows. After 911, many moslems wanted to prove their love for the country. Many volunteered to join the military. Man offered their services to the intelligence community to decipher, etc.

Burqas can be seen in the U.S. but its never been an issue as it seems to be in Fraance or other places.

Archived