Sarkozy says burqas are not welcome in France

Flashermac

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Faustion, the women in kabul maybe under pressure to wear, but those in luton or stratford i highly doubt they're forced to wear. pure beligerence. i have a friend from cairo, very nice guy, anyway, he says its total bullshit muslims wearing the burkha in the uk....

This isn't really about free-speech or the existence of god. The burka would be a non-issue if muslims weren't strapping bombs to their chests and hijacking planes. If it sounds petty, well, it is. I don't think the muslim community has done enough to denounce the radicals. And now, they are paying a (small) price.

And Faustian, just because something is obviously false doesn't mean it can't have value. A little self-delusion can be quite healthy. Ask any of the rich, successful and highly intelligent 65-yo guys with 21 yo thai brides.

Islam accounts for about 21%. So you think the remaining 79% of the world must learn to get along with them?

:confused:

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion

2. Islam: 1.5 billion

3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4. Hinduism: 900 million

5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6. Buddhism: 376 million

7. primal-indigenous: 300 million

8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9. Sikhism: 23 million

10. Juche: 19 million

11. Spiritism: 15 million

12. Judaism: 14 million

13. Baha'i: 7 million

14. Jainism: 4.2 million

15. Shinto: 4 million

16. Cao Dai: 4 million

17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

18. Tenrikyo: 2 million

19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million

20/ Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

22. Scientology: 500 thousand

<< This listing is not a comprehensive list of all religions, only the "major" ones (as defined below). There are distinct religions other than the ones listed above. But this list accounts for the religions of over 98% of the world's population. >>

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Hey! We are in third place! Just another billion or so to go and we can possibly have a world not so unduly influenced by these religious nutters, murderers and inquisitionists.

:neener::grinyes::beer::yay::worship::condom::monkey::ghost: :bangit: :yeahthat:

I'm just surprised that the Boards resident 'night in shining armour' shares the same views as Muslims on the treatment of women. :rolleyes:

You flatter me Munchie......but my point is not about sharing the views of muslims but about the arrogance of a twat in France deciding what people should wear.

"a" twat was democratically elected and represents the majority.

Also, its not about what peaople should waer, its about what some people should 'not' wear.

Not same same.

Basically its about not denigrating women.

Same discussion now in Belgium about wearing the veil in highschools, no one did till 10 years ago, now under pressure from their peers, half of the girls do.

Some even come to school without veil, and put one on just before entering.

Now no one can, separation of church and state etc....

BB

Archived