Sarkozy says burqas are not welcome in France

Flashermac

France has its culture for hundreds of years, now these twats (muslims) want to come in and change it...fark 'em...the muslims can go back to the ME, do fark with established cultures as sure as hell the ME will NOT accept any changes to their culture...tit for tat, IMO!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently there are only a few hundred of the dreaded burqa wearers in France. I'm sure some of them are taking the piss. I see it mainly as a challenge to Western liberalism. It's enough to give Hegel a headache.

Something of a dilemma for flasher too because he rates the French and Muslims about equally.

Show me where the muslims are coming in and trying to change the French culture?

You typify what is wrong with the world....intollerance. And I mean that from all sides

Yes, intolerance...go to Saudi or Kuwait and try to bring in a bottle of alcohol...try to buy alcohol in these countries...it is their way or no way...completely intolerant...so when they come to the west, fark 'em, same-same as they do in their countries, complete intolerance, IMO!!!

Guest lazyphil

i grant you i find over weight girls wearing skimpy clothes with stupid pink cowboy hats on hen nights as annoying as burkhas.....but they have rights....yes we all have rights, hoorah!

Just as a side-line....

(And I have no opinion on allowing the burkha or banning it - it really doesn't offend or worry me at all)

But isn't it a bit hypercritical for the leader of France which is supposed to be a *DEMOCRATIC* country to tell people what they can or can't wear? :dunno:

He says this piece of clothing is degrading to women, but isn't it also degrading to women to tell them that their choice of clothing is offensive and they shouldn't be able to wear it? :dunno:

If France doesn't like people wearing this clobber, then don't let them in in the first place. Then there won't be a problem. Simple.

Racism is based on ignorance and fear, and yes, the burkha is a confronting piece of clothing, I admit that.

But why tarnish all Muslims with the same brush - that's not fair and reactionary. How many "peaceful" Muslim people (including families, kids etc) lost their life as a result of collateral damage from the allied "liberation" of Iraq? Works both ways, dunnit?

I have asked Muslim women who I know through work in Asia and the Middle East if they feel repressed or degraded and the universal answer is "NO".

As an example, I asked a colleague in Malaysia how she would feel going out to the shops without wearing her tuduk (the Malay headscarf) and she said she would feel "naked" without out and wouldn't dream of it.

Why do people feel that western culture is the be-all and end-all and the one to which all other cultures should aspire to or conform with?

Sure I'll get flamed for these comments, and no, not trying to be a do-gooder, but wanted to try and portray the other side of the story. Just my 2 dirham's worth.

Didn't realise some people on the board were so racist. Pretty sad, really. :(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

We aren't discussing Malay headscarfs, but full body, I can't see even a tinsy winsy bit of you, is there a person in there, you can have any colour as long as it's black, Burqa's.

Geddit?

Not the same my little piggy friend.

And yeah, I'm totally intolerant of religion. As far as I'm concerned, those who believe in fairy tales shouldn't be allowed to breed. They undermine the progress of the human race and I'm embarrassed to be associated with such retarded individuals.

People believe in 'gods' because of their inferior intellect and inability to understand/comprehend the world/universe about them and their own crippling anxieties and fears, which they also fail to understand and deal with. As someone who's studied the brain and all aspects of human behavior I feel somewhat justified in holding such a view. Don't agree with me....I'm good. I really don't give a rats ass.

I'm sick and tired of our race being kept back in the dark ages because of something created by and for MAN, for which their isn't the tiniest bit of evidence. It may have served a purpose in the dim, distant, ignorant past, but it sure as hell doesn't now.

The Burqa is a symptom of a combination of factors. All to do with male dominance. Is it any wonder your Muslim friends think it is ok and don't see their oppression? See my previous paragraphs. Because they say so!!!! Right....they also say there is a god...

Geddit yet?

Archived