US pastor opens church to guns

Faustian

Hi,

"you work with computers......do you cease using them after working hours??!!!....you'd go through cold turkey i bet if you do!! "

Not really the same thing, now is it? :)

I use computers for leisure as well as work; and those uses are quite different.

Sanuk!

PS And yes, I get itchy if I can't check my email at least 2-3 times a day :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't most cops have to carry' date=' even off duty? Detroit & Michigan State Police are that way AFAIK.

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Varies from place to place. The logic is that cops are never really off duty. If they see a crime being commited, they are supposed to act.

A friend was a parole officer and as such was supposed to be armed all the time. He told me he never carried his weapon. He said, "They're not going to harm me, since I'm the guy who can put them back behind bars." And if someone violated parole, it wasn't his problem. The cops had to go round them up.

p.s. Thai police are NOT supposed to carry their weapon off duty. You can understand why.

In some areas of the USA, there are more carrying a gun then most would ever suspect. I feel that if a person wants to carry a gun for protection, that is their choice. Nobody should ever tell another person they can not protect themself.

In some areas of the USA, there are more carrying a gun then most would ever suspect. I feel that if a person wants to carry a gun for protection, that is their choice. Nobody should ever tell another person they can not protect themself.

Nobody should enless they abuse that privilege...

Nothing like having somebody drunk and pointing a gun in your face.

Archived