US pastor opens church to guns

Faustian

I'm not sure which thread is more interesting, SuaDam vs Koos or Faustian vs Wierd et al.

:hmmm:

I seem to get special attention from the conservatives. No idea why. They seem to want me as their bitch.

It's most fortunate that I'm not easily offended, shy and retiring. One could be quite put out!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure which thread is more interesting, SuaDam vs Koos or Faustian vs Wierd et al.

I'ds say this one for sure. Weird & HH are intelligent debate partners. Koow is, well, Koow and makes me miss RogueYam...

Cheers,

SD

I attended a church several years ago in south central where 3 of the members were members of the LAPD. They always brought their guns. Two of them were involved in the counting of the collection. One was inside a locked room with the people counting and the other was outside the door. They had a code word to open the door. If you tried to rob the collection and told the guy on the outside to open the door if you happen to catch him unawares, the code word he would give would have you met with maximum firepower...lol.

They also would be in charge of its deposit to the bank as well. Even though they were off duty, they'd notify the police station and LA Sherrifs if any units in the area of the bank as an added back up. Professional courtesy I assume.

On a side note, had some good conversations with them. I grew up hating cops and they at least made me make exceptions. They grew up hating cops as well so chose to change it from within. They wanted to patrol the areas they grew up as they felt they understood it better which they did. One funny story was one had to arrest his brother's best friend from HS.

One of them also worked as security to celebs in their off duty job. I heard some juicy stories....hehehehe

Hi,

"Don't most cops have to carry, even off duty?"

Seeing that the gun is a tool of their job, I'd be surprised that they have to carry it after clocking out. Seems odd. Don't see much carpenters walking around with hammers after they finish work :)

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

you work with computers......do you cease using them after working hours??!!!....you'd go through cold turkey i bet if you do!!

Don't most cops have to carry, even off duty? Detroit & Michigan State Police are that way AFAIK.

Cheers,

SD

Varies from place to place. The logic is that cops are never really off duty. If they see a crime being commited, they are supposed to act.

A friend was a parole officer and as such was supposed to be armed all the time. He told me he never carried his weapon. He said, "They're not going to harm me, since I'm the guy who can put them back behind bars." And if someone violated parole, it wasn't his problem. The cops had to go round them up.

p.s. Thai police are NOT supposed to carry their weapon off duty. You can understand why.

Archived