US pastor opens church to guns

Faustian

Only in America....good to see him preaching a message condoning the use of a device solely designed to kill. Very christian of him.

US pastor opens church to guns

A pastor in the US state of Kentucky has told his flock to bring handguns to church in what he says is an effort to promote safe gun ownership.

Pastor Ken Pagano told parishioners to bring their unloaded guns to New Bethel Church in Louisville for a service celebrating the right to bear arms.

He said he acted after church members voiced fears the Obama administration could tighten gun control laws.

When the service began, some 200 people were present, AP news agency said.

"[color:red]We are wanting to send a message that there are legal, civil, intelligent and law-abiding citizens who also own guns[/color]," (5555555, right, your religion automatically precludes you from such a group) Mr Pagano told the congregation. "If it were not for a deep-seated belief in the right to bear arms, this country would not be here today," he said. The pastor was also planning a handgun raffle, as well as providing information on gun safety.

In the US, the right to bear arms is enshrined in the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, and there are thought to be more than 200 million firearms in private hands.

But some gun owners fear that the new administration in the White House could try to challenge or amend some gun ownership laws.

Critics of the laws, meanwhile, link high levels of gun crime with high levels of gun ownership.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend likes to compete at shooting ranges. Doesn't mean she wants to kill somebody. I own a sword, doesn't mean I'm going to cut people up.

That being said, I'm not religious and even I think that was a pretty weak jab at religion. You could put more effort into it next time and make it somewhat humorous atleast.

Nothing in the bible says you can't protect yourself or your family. Some Christians and non Christians alike interpret Jesus' statements as saying you should not protect yourself (turn the other cheek).

In Luke 22:36 Jesus tells the disciples that when they go out if they do not have a sword, get one.

Why would one need a sword if they turn the other cheek in ALL instances? Because it did not include defending your life or life of loved ones.

My friend likes to compete at shooting ranges. Doesn't mean she wants to kill somebody. I own a sword, doesn't mean I'm going to cut people up.

That being said, I'm not religious and even I think that was a pretty weak jab at religion. You could put more effort into it next time and make it somewhat humorous atleast.

I do apologise, I must have missed the part of the Thai360 agreement, which stated I had to entertain you.

Nothing in the bible says you can't protect yourself or your family. Some Christians and non Christians alike interpret Jesus' statements as saying you should not protect yourself (turn the other cheek).

In Luke 22:36 Jesus tells the disciples that when they go out if they do not have a sword, get one.

Why would one need a sword if they turn the other cheek in ALL instances? Because it did not include defending your life or life of loved ones.

Turn the other cheeck to a slap...not to a gun or sword...very plain and simple to understand, IMO!

Guest lazyphil

seiks (SP?!?) carry a fuck off big cutless as part of their traditional religious costume....but hey they're brown folks and dont know no better, we should of course!

...That being said, I'm not religious and even I think that was a pretty weak jab at religion...

Another example of the all-knowing Rennaisance Man proving that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you expect (probably) the least humorous board member to intentionally give you a belly laugh, you will be eternally disappointed.

CS: I have a good friend who is a devout Christian. He shot and killed a man maybe 35 years ago in defense of himself and another. He noted to me that, while regrettable, he has a clear conscience. And to your Luke reference, I'd also offer up Exodus 21:24 ;)

HH

...That being said' date=' I'm not religious and even I think that was a pretty weak jab at religion... [/quote']

Another example of the all-knowing Rennaisance Man proving that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you expect (probably) the least humorous board member to intentionally give you a belly laugh, you will be eternally disappointed.

HH

Nah, you got me beat. Nothing is more dull than a conservative.

Archived