Airport scam? Beware King Power Duty free shop

tartempion

Hi,

"it's just farang getting fucked over"

Didn't the director of the Bank of Thailand made a similar statement a while back? Forgot the specifics, but some new rule or something had a big impact, but according to her it wasn't that bad as "only foreigners lost money" or something.

Sanuk!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard stories about this kind of scam before. And there is little doubt that with business levels well down the scammers (and those who help them) are getting more devious and trapping innocent people.

It can not be easy to steal a watch - most are toed down or behind glass.

I suppose the answer is not to buy anything in duty free. If everybody did that King Power might do something about it!

Great idea ..just don't buy anything from them at all .... :thumbup: what a mob of pricks...

Corruption is just so ingrained in their society that they just can't help themselves. If/when the majority of normal tourists wise up to all their scams then their tourist industry will really go down the toilet...and som nom f.....g na! :cussing:

Simie.

Guest lazyphil

i'm going to SEA august 2010 with my little girl, plan to be in laos/luang prabang most of the time.....i hear very layed back up there...

Having a Sri Lankan "volunteer" interpreter seems dodgy in the first place.

Well, he'll be the fall guy,and he's merely making the best of the role foreign police interpreters play all over the country. There is more up on my website which may clear up a few issues btw. that's the andrew-drummond.com one.

Having a Sri Lankan "volunteer" interpreter seems dodgy in the first place.

Well' date=' he'll be the fall guy,and he's merely making the best of the role foreign police interpreters play all over the country. There is more up on my website which may clear up a few issues btw. that's the andrew-drummond.com one.[/quote']

Still waiting for you to make one of the Friday night chit-chat...come on, show some balls!!!

Archived