Airport scam? Beware King Power Duty free shop

tartempion

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What scams did they run on you Munchie?

Checking your duty free bag(s) before you get to customs and then radioing their mates outside in the arrivals area to pick you up if you're carrying anything over the DF limit.

Maybe not a proper scam but certainly something that never happened at DM.

Will wonders ever cease? I agree with Clubsiam 100% that this King Power thing IS a scam. But I still feel the gem thing is not a scam, just people making stupid decisions and someone else there to benefit.

And I still wonder why Clubsiam stays in a country he clearly hates? Weird to me.

Cheers,

SD

But I still feel the gem thing is not a scam, just people making stupid decisions and someone else there to benefit.

Cheers,

SD

Of course it is a scam:

A confidence trick or confidence game (also known as a bunko, con, flim flam, gaffle, grift, hustle, scam, scheme, or swindle) is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence.

Persons of any level of intelligence are vulnerable to deception by experienced con artists. [color:red]Confidence tricks exploit human weaknesses [/color]like greed, dishonesty, vanity, but also virtues like honesty, compassion, or a naïve expectation of good faith on the part of the con artist.

Wikipedia

Selling some one the Eiffel Tower is a scam or bunko, con, flim flam, gaffle, grift, hustle, scam, scheme, or swindle. Selling someone gems that they have no idea what are worth and taking the sellers word for it is not a scam. It's ignorance.

TH

Selling some one the Eiffel Tower is a scam or bunko, con, flim flam, gaffle, grift, hustle, scam, scheme, or swindle. Selling someone gems that they have no idea what are worth and taking the sellers word for it is not a scam. It's ignorance.

TH

Of course it is. It is per defintionem a typical "confidence trick"

See gem scam

Except of course you have your personal definition of scams which excludes lack of knowledge, greed, naivité, e.g.. And if you leave out the fact that the tourist did not simply walked into a gem store and being overcharged, but that there are mostly several people involved to lure the tourist into the stores using deceit and lies.

With your narrow idea of scams there aren't no scams in Bangkok...

:content:

Archived