Gem scam or no scam?

khunsanuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the gem scam you are NOT receiving something genuine. That's the main difference. Hence, you are SCAMMED.

No, you need to research the "gem scam." Go to 2Bangkok.com. No one is complaining about the quality of the stones. They are getting what they were sold. They are complaining they paid too much.

Same as if some guy bought one of the laser pointers for B2k, then I bought one for B600...

Cheers,

SD

In the gem scam you are NOT receiving something genuine. That's the main difference. Hence' date=' you are SCAMMED.[/quote']

No, you need to research the "gem scam." Go to 2Bangkok.com. No one is complaining about the quality of the stones. They are getting what they were sold. They are complaining they paid too much.

Same as if some guy bought one of the laser pointers for B2k, then I bought one for B600...

Cheers,

SD

Did the laser pointer guy have "shill" customers telling you what a great deal it is?

In biz transactions you can not make knowingly false claims, otherwise the contract is null and void!

Did the laser pointer guy have "shill" customers telling you what a great deal it is?

In biz transactions you can not make knowingly false claims, otherwise the contract is null and void!

Great point.

People largely get what they deserve but I think that is the big difference between the laser guy and the gem "group". An organized group of individuals in the gem game with one goal in mind; Funnel unwitting customers to the gem shop with half truths in an effort to get them to part with their money.

No one is complaining about the quality of the stones. They are getting what they were sold. They are complaining they paid too much.

SD

That is hardly the same thing is it? Selling a laser pointer for B600 or B2,000 is simply the market at work.

Now if the salesperson of the B2,000 pen would claim that the resale value is b3,000, that the seller was actually the Thai government and that there was a 100% refund if you so wished, and none of it was true, that would make it a scam. It is so by Thai law. The Consumer Protection Act says it is unlawful to give false statements. Read for yourself in section 22...

Archived