2009 Ashes Series

MooNoi

If Bell is so good then why is he always being dropped by the selectors? Everytime he comes into the side based on his county form he hits one good score, then does fuck all else and then gets dropped

:yeahthat:

"Ding Dong" Bell doesn't perform well against Australia either.

Pietersen is a real crowd-puller as well, as he's kind of kooky. Even he doesn't know what he's going to do next. He'll be missed, that's for sure.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the day has come for the third test!! :thumbup:

This is the most vital in the series IMO.

Australia win, they're back in charge of The Ashes.

England win, we can kiss them goodbye.

Will be interesting to see what the pitch will do - will it be a seamer or take spin?

Will Oz drop Hauritz and Johnson? (Keep Hauritz, replace Johnson with Stuart Clark I reckon).

Can Phil Hughes get some runs or will he be found out again?

Will Freddy's knee hold up for the match?

Will The Composite Side miss KP too mutt?

And will Ian Bell have psychological scarring from his previous encounters with the Aussies?

It bodes for a fantastic 5 days!!

Hope I can find somewhere to watch it in BKK when I get there on Saturday!

:yikes:

Can't believe Phil Hughes has been dropped and Johnson in. :(

Shane Watson is a good cricketer but NOT a test opening batsman.

Hughes has been dropped to pay for Johnson's crap bowling - the selectors want a back-up in case Johnson is crap again.

Not happy with that selection - now if we lose the toss, we're goneski. :(

It bodes for a fantastic 5 days!!

Hope I can find somewhere to watch it in BKK when I get there on Saturday!

Definatley on in Molly Mallones Soi Convent, I am sat here now waiting for it to start, I would also expect it to be on at Downunder also. If you are in Pattaya when the fourth test is on it will definatley be shown in Jamesons Soi AR (opposite soi 6)

Not too sure about Gullivers, dont go there much nowadays, in fact the last live sporting event I watched there was Nov 2003 and Jonny Wilkinson's late drop goal.

Thanks, Kong! :beer:

Do you mean Soi 6 Pattaya as in "that naughty soi?"

Or another soi 6?

Actually, in Pattaya it should be on in the hotel - that dodgy cable tv channel, Sophon, usually has the cricket on it, which is excellent!!

There is only one soi six in Pattaya, damn I had an apartment above Jamesons for 3 years whilst working there and the wife never cottoned on.

I know there is dodgy feed on Sophon but its a bit hit and miss, in Jamesons they have the South African Channels, plus there is a knowlegeble bunch of cricket fans meet up to watch the test matches, Brits, Aussies, Kiwi's, Sarf Africans etc and its a good craic.

MM

I am flying back to Qatar at 9AM tommorrow so I will enjoy my last night in BKK for 56 days with friends and a few beers cricket or no cricket.

Cricket was just an excuse to start drinking earlier so the wife doesn't complain if I am half cut by the time she turns up after work.

Archived