Two Day Overstay Stamped in Passport

HSTEACH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't you just take off the note??

Folks, an overstay is not right. Shouldn't do it if it can be helped. But, that being said, all that happens is you pay the fine and leave. There are no restrictions or penalties on returning back to Thailand. Sure, you get an overstay stamp but it does not harm your chance to return. I suppose if one is habitual about it, it would probably hurt you but 1 or 2 overstays in how many years will not get you arrested at the airport. Don't worry so much.

Why didn't you just take off the note??

Folks, an overstay is not right. Shouldn't do it if it can be helped. But, that being said, all that happens is you pay the fine and leave. There are no restrictions or penalties on returning back to Thailand. Sure, you get an overstay stamp but it does not harm your chance to return. I suppose if one is habitual about it, it would probably hurt you but 1 or 2 overstays in how many years will not get you arrested at the airport. Don't worry so much.

Didn't see the note tell US Immigration got done fuzzing with me. I guess they might have thought it was some note I was going to pass onto the pilot, but somehow forgot. Those turds look at everything. I swear, if they had time, they could see terrorist in a passengers hemmoroids.

I love my immigration police officers - they always wave me through & say 'welcome back' (well in my language) & focus their time interrogating the foreigners/visitors LOL ;)

On 2nd thoughts that may not run so smooth if bringing the family/wife - ah well fuck immigration!

Even in places like Singapore it's a breeze despite the machine guns & all, but yeah I can imagine the US - have been some 6 years since I was there last & yeah was pretty damn tight & time consuming already back then & it's the only country who ever called me in for an 'interview' & that was prior to anyone ever though about 'war on terror' :hmmm:

Cheers! :beer:

What happens if you "lose" your passport at home? You get another one, with a different number, and no overstay stamp right? So depending on when your passport is to expire, it might be worth the expense to not have to worry about it...?

OH, the "loss" thing I've never understood. In this day of technology, it can't be that easy to just get another one and all the previous info goes away. There must be a way they link up all your info, even with a new number. They swipe most pp's now so it's gotta be in a chip somewhere. Don't know for sure, just thinking out loud.

SM, That's a big no-no and I'm sure you know that. The overstay isn't a big deal, no need to alter your passport. Not sure why you'd wanna tear out pages but hopefully you won't get stopped. Could be a long afternoon for ya.

I did loose a passport in Thailand in 1999 - I've had 4 since then (Extra pages too - I travel a lot)

And EVERY time I enter Thailand they pause and say 'You lost a passport . . . "

They do track and have done so for years

Archived