United Airlines Breaks Guitar

kamui

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airlines, same-same. Not fun to fly the "friendly skies".

And it's going to get worse very soon. Almost all airlines will have major losses this year.

For travelers, this means that airlines will continue to [color:red]cut flights[/color] in the fall  not by eliminating service outright as they did last year but by reducing the frequency and using smaller planes on certain routes. Passengers may also see [color:red]new fees[/color].

Passengers already feel the impact of the [color:red]capacity cuts[/color]. After squeezing her way off a cramped US Airways flight to New York over the July 4 holiday weekend, Michelle Zeccola, a frequent flier from Columbia, S.C., recalled when planes were less crowded. “I could literally sit across three seats by myself if I wanted. Now it’s totally booked.â€Â

Airlines, Already Suffering, Brace for More Woes

Lufthansa (an airline which I try to avoid at any cost) just announced that it is planning to cut 1 billion EUR each year for the upcoming years. And they want to cut one fifths of the jobs which deal with PAX.

The big goal is to outsource everything. No unions or employees to deal with at all, have contract companies do it all. Which of course means poor service from illiterate/semi literate morons who are paid poorly and have no hope of a career...think they will give a shit? Would you if you were in that position?

Archived