United Airlines Breaks Guitar

kamui

Dumb as rocks?

3 bears and Goldilocks?

She's got a nice box?

Sly as a fox?

Some people hate jocks?

Ummm, I wont be coming to you 2 for song lyrics anytime soon....

You got the cox part sorted out (although I've heard otherwise :cover: ) but what about the "info" bit....doh!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am sitting in a computer shop as I type this and a girl asks me to translate a YouTube song all her friends are watching from a link from a Thai web site

Yep - the United Song

Sucked in united when it gets to the stage people who don't even understand the song are watching it!

Not to defend UAL, but my guess is they are doing whatever they are required to do, and little or nothing more. The asshat wannabe musician obviously isn't happy with that and is expecting more than he deserves. This happens all the time. I recall years back while working customer service for another airline, some dipshit packed all sorts of liquor into a soft sided suitcase, they all broke, and he was demanding compensation from the carrier "...I am very upset, I demand compensation..." I can still hear him yelling the stupid shit. This was when you could still carry booze on planes, just couldn't drink it...oh the stories I could tell...

Shouldn't their be a law that those who are taking anger management courses shoulden't be working at airports handling other peoples luggage?

And of all the airlines, who do so many angry people work at United?

You really have to ask this? ok, you pushed the button...lets start with the "B-scale" crap, then the time they sold us the company, then went backrupt and dicked us out of it, then cut our wages 2 times, then ditched our pensions, and when they finally got out of bankruptcy, passed out the profits to the top execs...Hello, the CEO of a banckrupt company does not deserve 30 Million++ in bonuses for scaring the shit out of us and getting us to take concessions...

Then of course there is the always stalled contract negotiations, the threat of them breaking the contracts again and taking what little is left...continued out sourcing of our work, and all the other shit they dish out on a daily bases...but hey, don't get me started...

Then there are the shit head passangers, all spoiled little shit eaters, who think they are owed the world because their plane is 5 minutes late due to a hail storm or other event beyond our control...and they cry and whine and bitch about every little thing, hey shit bags, go fly south west then you'll know what a really shit airline is like...fuckers, they all piss me off!

Shouldn't their be a law that those who are taking anger management courses shoulden't be working at airports handling other peoples luggage?

And of all the airlines' date=' who do so many angry people work at United?[/quote']

You really have to ask this? ok, you pushed the button...lets start with the "B-scale" crap, then the time they sold us the company, then went backrupt and dicked us out of it, then cut our wages 2 times, then ditched our pensions, and when they finally got out of bankruptcy, passed out the profits to the top execs...Hello, the CEO of a banckrupt company does not deserve 30 Million++ in bonuses for scaring the shit out of us and getting us to take concessions...

Then of course there is the always stalled contract negotiations, the threat of them breaking the contracts again and taking what little is left...continued out sourcing of our work, and all the other shit they dish out on a daily bases...but hey, don't get me started...

Then there are the shit head passangers, all spoiled little shit eaters, who think they are owed the world because their plane is 5 minutes late due to a hail storm or other event beyond our control...and they cry and whine and bitch about every little thing, hey shit bags, go fly south west then you'll know what a really shit airline is like...fuckers, they all piss me off!

Are you saying everytime I travel United, I deserved to have shit stolen from my suitcase, suitcases broken, or worse yet lost. I can fly from Bangkok to LAX without any problems. I pass customs with everything in good shape but after an hour flight on United, almost everything gets trashed. What doesn't get trashed, gets stolen.

A bit of an exaggeration there, isn't it?? I mean, everytime you travel United you have shit stolen, broken or lost? I looked at April's numbers and while certainly not great, only 3.35 people out of 1000 complained to the DOT.

Just giving ya shit, BT, but I know how OH feels. I'm not excusing or advocating breaking, losing or stealing luggage. However, it's very disheartening to work for an airline for over 20 years as I did and all I will get when I reach retirement age will not even cover gas for my car in the U.S. per month. All of what OH says happened and more is true and it's frustrating to go out there everyday with a smile plastered on your face while taking verbal abuse and personal threats from our lovely guests. Karma maybe, for some passengers.

Forgot to mention, the airlines cut salaries so fucking low, they now have to hire people they would never have even given an application to in the passed.

BT,

Not sure YOU deserve it. But you asked for an explanation, and I gave you one. As for breakage, often the fault of the passenger packing stuff they shouldn't have, or packing it improperly. Theft is of course another matter. Also keep in mind there are many fraudulent claims filed.

Archived