Does Money Buy Happiness?

bust

So I suppose that could be an example of money not making me happy, or perhaps it's got more to do with my surroundings?

There is an Indonesian homeless guy lives outside the local TAB (betting shop) not far from my place. Probably around my age, long matted hair down to his ankles, doesn't drink alcohol seems to eat decent food, lives on an old matress and some rolled up blankets under the shopfront awning. His name is Bu and I always say hello and usually I just get a slight nod in my direction. He never bothers anyone and seems happy enough with life.

It was ironic the other day see these too middle aged woman in their luxury european cars arguing over a parking space in front of him. He just had this look of amusement on his face.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes....hell yes....it can at least bring you comfort that in turn can bring happiness. I suppose its what you do with the money that counts.

Countless times I hear lottery winners say that it wont change them and they will be back to work on Monday....I know each to their own and all that, but come on...go out and see the world. Life is too short....

I am not happy because I have to work in a pressurised job to earn the money i need for my lifestyle. If I could get the same income without the job i would be a lot lot lot happier.

Well me I'm on my 3rd time around.

I'm getting to old to start over again. :(

This time things so far are going good.

There was a time when I had about 40.00 in my pocket and that was it. Just me and my dog was all I had at the time.

There was a weird kinda easy feeling.

No pressures and no hassles.

Now I have high money expenses, but so far this year I have been keeping my head above water and some money in the bank.

Been thinking about breaking out on my own and doing the sales calls and bids on my own.

Just worried now about no customer base.

Buddha - <>

Have to agree - I feel the same about Australia and most Western countries - which is why I am no longer active in politics in Australia.

I like my job too much - even if right no it isn't paying - it is what I want to do.

Hi,

"I like my job too much"

Same here. I actually went a full year without pay (that hurt!) because we (my business partner and I) feel that our idea is solid and we *will* make money with it.

Luckily things have been improving - slowly but steadily - since mid/late last year.

Sanuk!

Archived