Snakeoil

khunsanuk

Hi,

My wife came home today with a bottle of 'medicine'. Some of her students claimed it was really good for you overall health; of course one of them sold the stuff.

Anyway, the cost for this bottle of 'wonder medicine'? 1,200 Baht!!!

Just wondering if my wife is the odd one out or that it is common for Thais to buy this crap. This wasn't the first time she bought some alternative wonder medicine (she eats loads of expensive vitamin crap as well). Of course, my wife is also a serious hypocondriac :)

Sanuk!

Sir ,

you may let Mrs Khunsanuk officially know that vitamin pills are AB-SO-LU-TE-LY useless . In particular in a thai ambience with all the all dente prepared vegetables the supply of vitamins is perfectly organised . Of course she will not listen . Eating these chemically built pills is counterproductive .

Sir ,

you may let Mrs Khunsanuk officially know that vitamin pills are AB-SO-LU-TE-LY useless . In particular in a thai ambience with all the all dente prepared vegetables the supply of vitamins is perfectly organised . Of course she will not listen . Eating these chemically built pills is counterproductive .

I don't know. It may help counteract some of the pesticides.

Ex wife (Chinese) was the same... as was her parents. No use arguing mate, just work a bit of overtime or take out a second mortguage and buy the crap..

Careful what you eat though - She made me eat some powder once which was as dry as -- 1/2 a teaspoon of this crap and my mouth dried right up, couldn't swallow the shit (no saliva), and I started vomiting profusely.. good luck

lp you can buy people in some of these markets...so I am sure a pangolin is not going to raise too many eyebrows.

But I think you are correct. Any ideas on the numbers seized each year? Wonder what happens to them? Did you know there scales are actually made from made from the same protein that makes up human hair? :content:

Archived