No more Spice Club Soi 11

TroyinEwa/Perv

TIE "Yes......many of the bar girls say Spicy when they actually mean Spice"

Yes, one of the most common mistake Asians have when pronouncing English is the addition of the letter 'y' to nouns, such as beachy instead of beach ... my missus (a Korean) does this most of the time. The weird thing is, that when it comes to a noun that ends in 'y' she chops the 'y' off.

Don't get me started on when they use he for she, and vice a versa, especially when there are more then 2 people being discussed in the subject matter, she gets me lost within seconds.

Bloody second rate english teachers at these English schools.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TIE "Yes......many of the bar girls say Spicy when they actually mean Spice"

Yes, one of the most common mistake Asians have when pronouncing English is the addition of the letter 'y' to nouns, such as beachy instead of beach ...

In Vietnam, they call Skype (which we pronounce SKIPE, rhymes with PIPE) as SKIPE EE with the EE stressed as much as the first syllable. I think it has to do with the way their language has all single syllables, no silent letters, so the E at the end is interpreted as a second syllable. So for the them, they see the word as SKY PEE. Not sure how they say Skype in Thailand. But I notice that "Spice" has a similar structure, with the final silent E. That's my theory anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was there last night. Jam-packed with freelancers, some of them quite gorgeous (and some a little more, shall we say, earthy).

As a matter of fact, I just put one little beautiful birdie in a cab and sent her on... fly little birdie, fly. Albeit, hawk would of been a more apt description for her. And - she was a little irritated that I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. Or my phone number (bkk phone, and that was true - I couldn't and it was left in my friends room where he had company, so I couldn't just go barging in now, eh??).

Cover charge was 200bht and they closed at 2am sharp. They were telling everyone this when they paid admission - and the girls that worked there told me that the authorities were cracking down right now and essentially, there was no 'after-hours' place active other than the outdoors stuff.

Sucks. 2am???? Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?

2am closing at one place is just an excuse to go somewhere else if you are in a mind to do so.

After Titanium on Soi 22 closed last night at abpout 1am we took a cab outside directly to Boss, seems its moved and instead of the jam packed tiny shophouse is now a much bigger almost warehouse of a place. I'd say the same size as Climax/Spice. Arriving about 1:30 it was maybe 15% full. A large raised platform with chrome poles allows you to get your girl up and dancing. Saw no evidence of hired dancers. A couple of pool tables as well, man they get everywhere. By the time we left, well after 2:30 the place was filling up and outside the taxis were unloading as fast as they could.

The taxi was of course free from soi 22 and if you need to find the place it is on Petchaburi road, soi 39.

Archived