whats the best hotel in BANGKOK!..5 star etc....

The Regency in BKK is generally regarded as the best, sometimes with Oriental rated even.

Was on the list of the 10 best hotels in the world by Conte Naste

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grand Sheraton is a good choice if you're a Starwood Preferred Guest, currently running for around US$130 for SPG. Some guy from down under can even hook you up with better deals, search the site. I' ve stayed there on three of my seven trips, earned 2 free Fridays already and three more nights before and earn 2 free Saturday. The Club Riva's have a great band.

I've gotta go with the Oriental. While I agree that the Oriental is NOT the place for you if you're into the nightlife (as the hotel actively discourages it in their hotel) but the service is absolutely perfect in every regard. Room is spotless and and service is "sharp". I'd compare it very favorably with hotels like the Raffels (SG), but when you look at the prices that a room can be had for (at the Oriental) it makes it even better!

Again, it's not close or convienent to the Sukhumvit area, but, IMHO, not designed for that!

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

2001 Readers Choice Conde Nast Top Bangkok Hotels w/score

1. Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok 90.3

2. The Oriental, Bangkok 88.6

3. The Peninsula, Bangkok 87.5

4. The Regent, Bangkok 83.5

5. Sukhothai, Bangkok 78.7

6. Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel, Bangkok 76.9

Hi guys,

here comes the final status report as I am currently using the original's internet access at 550 baht per hour. my heart breaks when I see when I see the misleading comments of some posters here.

The river wing has been com pletely renovated last year , the rooms are first class now including sound insulation up to the maximum possible. Bathrooms in particular are wonderful.

Current rate river wing about 180 USD plus taxes and breakfast.

The leading French restaurant is the Normandie, the Lord Jim's is for seafood.

No way to get a massage for 30 USD in the Spa, this starts at 65 plus.

Unless you spent a couple of days here you don"t know what hospitality can be. Shangri-La best hotel of the world, oh Jesus.

cheers

[color:red]The Regency in BKK is generally regarded as the best, sometimes with Oriental rated even.

Was on the list of the 10 best hotels in the world by Conte Naste color=red>

Don't you mean The Regent on Rajadamri Road?

It is truly a five-star and one of the nicest hotels in the world. Not guest-friendly though.

There often has been confusion with first-time visitors arriving at the airport and going to the Regency instead of The Regent.

Just got back from the Oriental in early November and paid 873 for 4 nights. I had a seaweed wrap, scrub, 90 minute thai massage, and facial...paid 1500 bht for most and 2200 for the wrap. Your right about the french resturant...I forgot. The place is quite cool and you should judge for yourself.

The Banyon tree tip is good. I haven't been to their new spa They only had part finished. You can get all types of work done at package rates from 150 to 350us 3 hours to full day with lunch. With a good resturant on the top floor with a great view it's a nice place to stay. There are so many entances to this place you can get anyone in.

SkiBum

For the money at under 100 us the Centre point serviced apartments do it for me. You get 4 great locations and studios to 3 bed rooms all under 100 a night. A really nice place with all the necessary amenities, a loose guest policy, phat pad, great locations(suk 10). What else could you ask for.

SkiBum

Archived