What Series are you Watching

CTO

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

It wasn't until I read about Carl Williams being murdered in prison that I found out that the third series of Underbelly The Golden Mile has just started being aired in Australia.

The Series are out of sequence, series one Underbelly was a based on Carl Williams gangland wars in melbourne 1994-2004, series two A Tale of Two Cities was a prequel loosely based on the marajuanna trade in NSW 1976-1987 and series three The Golden Mile are loosely based on events around Sydney's Kings Cross District 1988-1999.

Not watched any of series three yet, just downloading the first 3 episodes, episode 3 was only aired on Sunday night in Australia but plenty of good quality torrents available via vuze (>350 KB/s d/l speeds). If anything like the first two series I look forward to watching it tonigh.

Badabing,

Thanks for the Heads up, just found the first two episodes and downloading now.

Before torrents I don't know how I kept sane in Thailand without spending a small fortune on DVD's ... well actually I spent most of my time in Bars. Even on True Vision (Ex-UBC) there is not that much choice of good "Made for TV" Drama, sometimes the odd HBO Special and on AXN we get 24, House, CSI, NCSI LA, Damages etc but they are repeated som much, multiple seies being shown in parralel and REPETATIVE adverts every 12 minutes I can't be doing with it. It used to be OL when BBC Prime (I'm a brit I know) was part of True Vision but that went over 18 months ago.

Hi,

Series I've enjoyed / am enjoying at the moment are:

Spartacus - Blood and Sand

Fringe

Supernatural

Also started watching Legend of the Seeker which is based on the books by Terry Brooks. However, having read the books I can't really get into the series that much. Too many differences, some small, some large, but annoying on the whole.

Sanuk!

Band of Brothers is superb and now HBO is running The Pacific!

Enjoyed Generation Kill.

Occasionally watch Entourage.

Don't really watch any shows right now but the ones I did watch were HBO series.

I really enjoyed Deadwood.

Rome wasn't as good imo.

Also enjoyed 6 feet under a lot.

:up:

Bada.

Just watched the first episode, it has the makings of a good series, another one on my "weekly download list"

KS

Our tastes are at the opposite end of the spectrum, not that there is anything wrong with that at all if we all had the same tastes the world would be a dull place. Whilst you pursue History and Fantasy, you published the list of books you were selling recently so its also your niche in literature, I prefer themes I can associate with ... Then again I am the geek who watches "Aircrash Investigations" or "Seconds from Disaster" and tell the wife the answer before its revealed. I know I need to chill out :cool:

Archived