The Last Days of David Carradine

ThaiHome

I worked on Soi Chitlom - just west of the hotel. (I used to go to the hotel through the car park. My business took me to the hotel quite often.)

The easiest and fastest way to go is what I always did. Leave via the car park, go south to Phetburi, west down Phetburi to Chidlom, south down Chidlom past Lumpini Park, and cross over at the Dusit Thani Hotel. Why go past the embassies, especially the US embassy?

But who walks it anyway? Sounds to me like the writer simply glanced at a map and actually went (if at all) by taxi. Only reason I walked was because the rush hour traffic was so horrible when I got off work in the evening. That was one of the reasons I quit that job.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash,

I think you need a new GPS.

Nai Lert Park Hotel is SOUTH of Phetchaburi.

Chidlom does not go past Lumpini, South of Ploenchit it changes to Lang Suan which ends at Sarasin North of Lumpini, Rathcadamri is the road from Erawan Shrine to Rama IV that passes Lumpini.

Personaly I would take the BTS.

she doesn’t know anything about Carradine, but for 10,000 baht (roughly $300 in U.S. currency) she will come back to my hotel, tie me up, choke me, and stay the night. I take a rain check.

Great news , so next time at Patpong I may enter the next best gogo , pick a random farmer who would immediately " go back to my hotel , tie me up and choke me " for 10.000 quid because that is what she does all the time .

What a fantastic arsehole

“But it still could have been an accident. They’ll kill you for 500 baht here. "

Meaning I stop somebody on Silom , show him a 1000 Bht note : " If you got 500 change, mate , I have a job for you .

:doah:

I don't know why I had Chidlom on my mind. According to my "instructions", there must be two Chidloms. Petchburi, Ploenchit ... I knew there was a P in it. :(

p.s. I worked in the Orakan Bldg, almost opposite Central on Soi Chidlom!

I must be getting senile. I'm more confused now than a 2Lt with a map and a compass. :(

Hi,

And that map isn't all that accurate either. All Season's Place is not opposite of the US Embassy, nor is the embassy that close to Soi Sarasin.

The Emporium also is not the right location.

And the distances on the map are rather skewed.

Sanuk!

Last time I looked the US Embassy is on the opposite side of the street from that map.

Archived