Windows 7 Is Out

Hamokhamok

tartemption,

dive behind your desktop again. You most likely noted the Part number and not the serial number.

The computer is quite new, why didn't you wait until you could get it with Win7 preinstalled?

zzzz,

there is no difference between 32bit and 64bit regarding serial numbers. Serial number works for both versions. You are sure you downloaded the right version (Home Premium, Professional, etc)? Where did you download this?

TB,

so you got the retail version. Single licence or family pack including three licences?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

****there is no difference between 32bit and 64bit regarding serial numbers. Serial number works for both versions. You are sure you downloaded the right version (Home Premium, Professional, etc)? Where did you download this?***

This was downloaded from the Microsoft store. The email w/ the key gave me a link to download Win 7 Home Prem. Upgrade. The link only had 2 options --

32 bit or 64 bit. I just spent about an hour on the phone w/ Microsoft w/o suceess. The manager is supposed to call me back.

The email w/ the key gave me a link to download Win 7 Home Prem. Upgrade. The link only had 2 options --

32 bit or 64 bit. I just spent about an hour on the phone w/ Microsoft w/o suceess. The manager is supposed to call me back.

You see, even the serial doesn't mind if you download and install 32bit or 64bit.

I initially thought the key should work on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but since it didn't work for the 64 bit version, I was wondering about this key working on the 32-bit version instead.

The manager from Microsoft called me back and said somebody will be calling me back tomorrow to help me solve this problem.

quote=carlton68]tartemption,

dive behind your desktop again. You most likely noted the Part number and not the serial number.

The computer is quite new, why didn't you wait until you could get it with Win7 preinstalled?

Not so, following instructions at Mentor Media Pte Ltd website there is help to find the serial number, it clearly shows the sticker and tells the field is 22 char long and begins with PS or PT for desktops whilst my serial number begins with 91 and is 22 long.

I found the same serial on the invoice and in the PC's bios. It's Mentor Media software that refuses the serial number, and It's Acer's own website that refuse the same serial number as invalid when trying to report a problem.

Sound like a lack of update on serial numbers on their side.

Furthermore now the problem was communicated via telephone to Acer helpdesk in the Netherlands, is entered in their datebase and can be enquired with a problem ID, status Open (thank you for that) and I can't create a NEW problem, getting an error message when entering my serial number into their system: "Problem already exist for this serial number"

So you can't record more than ONE problem with these idiots and they do nothing with problem #1. Great.

Archived