Windows 7 Is Out

Hamokhamok

I bought Windows 7 Home Premium from a Microsoft stand at Siam Paragon on Saturday 31 Oct, 4040 baht. A reasonable price I think. But it has Activation Restrictions "Distribution and Activation must occur in South East Asia". Maybe Microsoft made the restriction so they could sell it cheaper.

Is that the Thai language version? The OEM W7 home premium sells for around $110 in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to unprecedented demand, we are behind schedule in processing Windows 7 upgrade orders for IdeaPad and IdeaCentre systems. We expect to complete processing of your order by mid to late November. Once your order is ready, we will send you instructions to complete your transaction on-line. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm about to buy a new laptop which will obviously have Windows7 preloaded. Because it's Windows 7 do I have to then buy the latest Microsoft Office software (2007 version I think) or can I use the 2003 version which I already have?

Mr. Munch.

I use Office 2003 on my Windows 7. Office 2003 worked on my Vista. Then upgraded to Windows 7. Office 2003 works fine.

I think I obtained my Office 2003 in LOS. From one of the legit street vendors. But the price was quite reasonable.

My system is 32 BIT.

I saw a link for Office 2010 Beta (free test) - if your interested to try first - normally works for 6 months or so. Then you can upgrade your office or revert back to 2003.

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/office2010/2/4/7/247A463C-AF98-4778-B5A3-934CB8D198D1/ProfessionalPlus.exe?lcid=1033

Warning - it is 685 mbytes!

Archived