Chocolate

These are what I consider to be the great chocolate desserts of Bangkok, in no particular order. Please feel free to expand the list.

1. The ice-cream hot-fudge brownie sundae at the Hard Rock Cafe.

2. The three-chocolate cheesecake at The Londoner.

3. Perhaps the most affordable and accessible of all: The chocolate croissant at any branch of Au Bon Pain.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thinking of that first one had my mouth watering!

I really like the desserts at Neil's Steak House on Soi Ruam Rudee. They have a great Black Forest Cake there as well as one of the top Chocolate Mousses I have tasted. In fact, as much as I like the steak there, I always say I am going to visit there once and eat nothing but desserts.laugh.gif

Also, TGIFridays has a few chocolate treats. One used to be called Death By Chocolate. Not sure if they still have that one. Maybe too many people died.

Hi,

"3. Perhaps the most affordable and accessible of all: The chocolate croissant at any branch of Au Bon Pain."

While I LOVE chocolate (especially Dutch & Swiss brands), I can't say I much cared for the chocolate croissant.

Contrary to Old Hippie however, I find chocolate here rather expensive. Of course were I come from you can often buy a 100gr bar for 10-15 Baht.

Sanuk!

PS Sarisin, no, Hershey's is NOT chocolate smile.gif

PS Sarisin, no, Hershey's is NOT chocolate

What is it then??

--

It's a floor wax. No wait...it's an extract used in industrial varnishing...

"Dutch and Swiss" brands???

What about the only real stuff: Belgian pralines?

Belgian Boy, I need you here!!!

I believe some years ago a shop around Siam square tried to import Belgian pralines. It never came off the ground, sure temperature is a major problem.

Here in Chumpon I only find Toblerone, and that's not to my taste. In fact good chocolate is the only thing i miss from Belgium. Yes BB, don't complain now.

"""""Dutch and Swiss" brands???

What about the only real stuff: Belgian pralines?

Belgian Boy, I need you here!!!

I believe some years ago a shop around Siam square tried to import Belgian pralines. It never came off the ground, sure temperature is a major problem.

Here in Chumpon I only find Toblerone, and that's not to my taste. In fact good chocolate is the only thing i miss from Belgium. Yes BB, don't complain now. """""

All,

Just arrived here to fix a big misconception : you all left out the best chocolate in the world : Yes, gentlemen, The Great Belgian Chocolate !!!!!

Why is it the best ? actually for 2 main reasons :

- all the others bleach compared to the belgian taste

- second and main reason is that here a chocolate to be labelled 'chocolate' it must contain min 15 % cacao and min 50 %

cacao fat, whereas other common chocolates replace the cacao fat with other vegetable fat to reduce the price......

So, guys, I know Godiva and Guylian are selling their pralines in BKK, I just dont know where, but do search for the 'real' stuff, ok ? ( try villa market )

Thalenoi : never leave home without a toothbruch, money, condoms and chocolate, I know I do.......lol

Archived