An Unpleasant Incident: Jerkwads who Treat Bargirls Like Dirt

expat

This incident happened in Pattaya, but I'm not posting in the Pattaya section because I don't thing the subject is terribly Pattaya-specific.

Last night in Windmill, I was sitting at the center isle where the shows are. I don't usually sit there, but the place was packed so I took the best available seat.

Two lovelies were doing a show within arm's distance of me. I used to generally dislike shows because they usually featured weathered bar girls clinging to the profession by a string, pin or ping pong ball. Nowadays, however, the show was being performed cheerfully and skillfully by a couple of lasses of tender age, so I was enjoying the show.

One of the girls spied me as a likely mark, and decided I was a proper candidate to insert a banana (which her workmate was orally sculpting into a phallus) into what I assume was a standard nether region. As audience participation is not my thing, I did my standard shy guy act and was excused from duty without prejudice.

I was thinking to myself what a nice thing it was that these very beautiful young ladies could be so positive about what many would consider a 'degrading' or '' experience, when I noticed one of the girls wincing. A guy two seats from me was grabbing her, and she obviously didn't enjoy his ministrations.

I looked at the 'gentleman' and he had a nasty smirk on his face. As the show went on, the girls were penned into the corner of the stage farthest from this evil crustbag while he continued to try to grope them in ways which they found unpleasant.

I've lived here a long time, and have learned by experience that confrontation here can very quickly lead to extremely unpleasant results, but I was sorely tempted to tell this guy to die slowly in a vat of mild acid. Instead, I held my tongue.

After the shift change, a bar girl of my acquaintance came over for a chat, but I couldn't stop thinking about about the scumbag, so I asked her to call the mamasan over. I explained my anger at the behavior of the aforementioned gentleman (my friend actually pointed the guy out to the mamasan as he had gone to the bathroom), and she assured me that if she had seen the incident she would not have tolerated it. I paid up my bill and left.

Would I do anything differently if I had the chance? The only thing I can think of would be to call the mamasan over while the incident was occurring. You live and learn.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt you could have reacted any differently, these people are commonplace around bars and always looking for a free grope.

The worst type of Cheap Charlie is the one who wont leave the girls alone without springing for a ladydrink.

I found one in a bar toilets once having a wank so some of them won't even pay for sex. :cussing:

This bar has plenty of free gropes available--the girls just smile and ask for a tip or drink, and if it's not forthcoming they just don't pay much attention to the guy.

This guy was obviously groping in an unpleasant manner--perhaps trying to insert a digit somewhere it was not welcome or maybe pinching the girls. I didn't ask them why they were reacting in that manner. If any girl reacted to me that way, I would back off and find a girl who enjoyed what I was doing.

>A guy two seats from me was grabbing her, and she obviously didn't enjoy his ministrations.<

I'm not sure what you mean by 'grabbing'.

I have recently been a participating member of the audience, bat several bars, including Windmill. My experience was that the showgirls on the 'playtable' are extremely accommodating, often allow themselves to be licked, bugled, have digits or bananas inserted into various orifices, and touched in ways I would not have believed possible in public before I came to Pattaya.

In fact, I have been invited there to do just that on regular basis.

Usually, if there is something they don't like, they'll remove themselves from the presence of the offender, or very decisively push their hand (Mouth? Bottle?) away.

I have seen customers behave in ways that were obviously not enjoyed by a girl, but usually they can deal with it themselves quite well.

I think there is almost no activity (short of fully exposed intercourse) that is not tolerated in WM, as long as it is initiated with the right positive attitude, and accompanied by some coloured paper as compensation. A smile, some friendly banter, treating a girl like a human being is all part of the right attitude.

If you feel someone crossed the line, by all means discreetly point it out to mamasan.

I think the way you reacted is what mainly gets the idea across here that the guy was a creep, and also the fact that the girls moved away from him. You kind of vagued over the part about what he actually specifically did that got that kind of reaction from the girls and from you. Did you get a good look, or was it just the reaction of the girls that you noticed? Anyway we're all big boys here and the girls are practically anonymous, so I think it's ok to describe what exactly you saw, if you did get a good look.

I have no problem with the usual customer-sex worker interactions at Windmill--there is usually quite a fun atmosphere in the bar where all are enjoying themselves. That is why Windmill is on my go-to list for go-gos.

These girls repeatedly tried to get this guy to stop what he was doing, and he just ignored them, even going so far as to reach across when they fled into the far corner of the stage.

And no, I couldn't see exactly what he was doing to annoy them so much--I didn't really care. The only important thing to me is the girls were making very clear to this guy that they wanted him to stop and he was ignoring their pleas to desist.

That helps, actually. He sounds like a real piece of work. The truth is there's guys out there who know where the line is, and actually get a thrill out of crossing it. I'm sure we all know people like that, and it doesn't just pertain to groping in bars.

Actually mamasan was asleep at the wheel if she didn't notice this. I mean, it's the stage show for crying out loud. It's the focus of everyone in the room. But not one person on their staff was paying attention? Makes me think the truth is that mgmt only care enough to tell you what they think you want to hear.

In the mamasan's defense, the bar was super busy and there is no one focal point at Windmill--there are actually three shows going on simultaneously. This incident happened at one of the three shows. I was actually pleased by her reaction to what I said, but I don't know if she followed up because I left after that. Perhaps my friend will tell me what happened next time I visit.

I think you and I have somewhat different ideas of what it means to 'treat a bargirl like dirt'. Its a hell of a long way from unwelcome groping by cheap charlies, and tends to end up with the girl either dead or very badly injured. The Japanese guy who did the murder-suicide on Suk Soi 4 about 18 months ago springs to mind, but sadly I expect that there have been many more. What stuns me is how badly many Thais treat their own people.

expat, the girls are sliding bananas in and out of themselves : I think they realise that not everyone who wants to see that will have your ethics.

Archived