An Unpleasant Incident: Jerkwads who Treat Bargirls Like Dirt

expat

I think you and I have somewhat different ideas of what it means to 'treat a bargirl like dirt'. Its a hell of a long way from unwelcome groping by cheap charlies, and tends to end up with the girl either dead or very badly injured. The Japanese guy who did the murder-suicide on Suk Soi 4 about 18 months ago springs to mind, but sadly I expect that there have been many more. What stuns me is how badly many Thais treat their own people.

So you have a problem with me saying he treated them like dirt? That's too severe for you?

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

expat, the girls are sliding bananas in and out of themselves : I think they realise that not everyone who wants to see that will have your ethics.

Of course I know that they realize there are jerkwads in the world. So what?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two interesting things to point out:

expats title: Jerwads who treat bargirls like dirt

and gobbledonk's comment: I think they realise that not everyone who wants to see that will have your ethics.

It's actually funny that expat would place himself on a pedestal of ethics...this guy is not behaving correctly... when probably 95% of the free world [made up number] would think ANYONE who patronizes the naughty nightlife to be a complete scumbag....errr...jerkwad.

Not calling you a jerkwad but be careful on how you judge people. Is your house made of glass?

Two interesting things to point out:

expats title: Jerwads who treat bargirls like dirt

and gobbledonk's comment: I think they realise that not everyone who wants to see that will have your ethics.

It's actually funny that expat would place himself on a pedestal of ethics

Aye, there lies the rub. I never placed myself on any pedestals, I simply reported my reaction and feelings.

Therefore your statement is inherently false. You have taken something someone else said about me as statement I have made about myself. That is unfair, and I do not appreciate it.

...this guy is not behaving correctly... when probably 95% of the free world [made up number] would think ANYONE who patronizes the naughty nightlife to be a complete scumbag....errr...jerkwad.

Now you have gone on to characterize everyone who 'patronizes the naughty nighlife' is a scumbag/jerkwad. You have now shifted the focus of my post away from the topic, and attacked me (albeit as indirectly as possible to avoid breaking any thai360 rules).

Let me refocus the discussion. I think that men who ignore women's repeated request to stop doing something to them are scumbags. Do you disagree with that?

If you feel that everyone who patronizes the nightlife of LOS are scumbags, all power to you--go start a thread on it. I'm sure you'll find a receptive audience here in the Nightlife section. On second thought, what the hell are you doing here? Trying to preach the gospel?

Not calling you a jerkwad but be careful on how you judge people. Is your house made of glass?

Not calling me a jerkwad, riiiiight. Walk that tighrope. "I didn't engage in a personal attack on a board member, I said *not* calling him a jerkwad."

Your 'house of glass' illusion is the most cogent thing you said. If you believe in Jesus (or insert another religion or dogma here) and think that sex work is inherently evil, then I am indeed a jerkwad, though that is in no way relevant to the asshole who I talked about's actions.

If you believe that sex work is like working at McDonalds, providing a service for people, then I am not a jerkwad for patronizing such an institution any more than I would be for buying a Big Mac.

The long and the short of it is that I try respect other people's wishes when they tell me they want me to stop doing something that I am doing to them. If you can't agree with my position on that, in other words you feel it's ok to continue to do something to someone who asks you to stop doing said thing, than again, we'll have to agree to disagree. If I see you doing something to someone while they object to it, I will not appreciate it and will act accordingly.

For you to object to something so basic makes me feel that you are simply here to argue.

Do you feel it's ok to continue to do something to a woman who asks you to stop?

@expat

You did well by not getting involved. Absolutely nothing good can come out from messing with other people's affairs in Thailand.

Don't get too upset with @buddha. He did not attack you personally, but said roughly "95% of the western world would call us all jerkwads for participating in the nightlife". Though unflattering, I find this insightful.

You're surely well-intentioned, but your reaction here indicates that you may be a bit thin-skinned and quick to jump to conclusions, perhaps in the bar incident as well.

Some groping and poking in the bar environment hardly constitutes abuse, and it's easy to put a stop to it. I can assure you these girls have seen worse, and in situations where moving away is not as easy.

I wasn't upset with buddha, I'm not thin-skinned, and I didn't jump to any conclusions.

And what exactly was insightful to you? It's hard for me to believe that you didn't realize that many people in the west look down on mongers.

Some groping and poking in the bar environment hardly constitutes abuse, and it's easy to put a stop to it. I can assure you these girls have seen worse, and in situations where moving away is not as easy.

You imply that I think groping and poking are abuse, yet I never said such a thing. Read my post again--I didn't like the fact that the guy didn't stop when asked. Do you think it's ok to continue to do something to a person after that person has asked you to stop?

expat, what the hell is wrong with you ? You post a fairly sanctimonious post in 'Nightlife', a forum where guys routinely post in intimate detail how they used various bargirls like jizz receptacles, then proceed to get defensive when you get some fairly mild feedback to the effect that most of the girls can look after themselves. You profess to know the lay of the land after many years in the LOS, and yet you seem to be a boy scout when it comes to 'naughty nightlife'. Its whores, whoremongers and fucking for money, my friend - they became whores the day they turned up for that first shift, and you cant save them all.

Be clear - no-one is defending the guys actions or attitude, but it would be hypocritical of too many of us to want to join you on your pedestal. I wish you well, but I'd stay out of bars if I was as easily outraged as you would seem to be.

I don't think expat is being overly sanctimonious. I too visit the naughty nightlife in Pattaya on a regular basis and know Windmill very well.

There is an unspoken rule in all bars as to where the line is. You can go so far, but no further. In some bars the line is towards the milder side (eg a bit of kissing and bum fondling, but no more), in others, like Windmill, the line is much further out there. However, all the dancers have their own personal line as well.

But anyone with a modicum of sensitivity would know what a girl likes and what she doesn't - her body language would make it quite obvious. The jerkwad (what a great word, never heard it before) that expat describes obviously has no sensitivity or chose to ignore the girl's discomfort for the pursuit of his own personal pleasure (a bit of a sociopath if you like).

I remember an incident in another Pattaya bar a few years ago. Similar situation to what expat described, but the girl was actually in tears. The scumbag carried on with what he was doing, I think he was getting off on hurting the poor girl. Eventually he was tossed out by the staff.

I agree with expat, the girls are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

expat, what the hell is wrong with you ? You post a fairly sanctimonious post in 'Nightlife', a forum where guys routinely post in intimate detail how they used various bargirls like jizz receptacles, then proceed to get defensive when you get some fairly mild feedback to the effect that most of the girls can look after themselves. You profess to know the lay of the land after many years in the LOS, and yet you seem to be a boy scout when it comes to 'naughty nightlife'. Its whores, whoremongers and fucking for money, my friend - they became whores the day they turned up for that first shift, and you cant save them all.

What exactly in my post was sanctimonious? The answer is nothing was.

Be clear - no-one is defending the guys actions or attitude, but it would be hypocritical of too many of us to want to join you on your pedestal. I wish you well, but I'd stay out of bars if I was as easily outraged as you would seem to be.

I didn't place myself on any pedestal--as I have said before, yet you choose to keep saying that. Your posts are all accusation with no substantiation as evidenced by your repeating this allegation that I "place myself on a pedestal." Shame on you.

Deal with the ideas in my posts as I present them, not as you wish they were, and I will deal with the ideas in yours. Your attacks on me fall on deaf ears.

Then buddha, after I show how ridiculous the ideas in his post are, instead of responding to my valid points must simply resort to insults. Amazing stuff.

Archived