An Unpleasant Incident: Jerkwads who Treat Bargirls Like Dirt

expat

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honor among thieves was a good way of putting it.

There's a difference between common-sense morals that allow people to live together without descending to shit, and ridiculous religious morals (often more nefarious than the things they indict).

That said, I'll never quite get the appeal of Pattaya. Only been there once and felt a need to de-slime myself after two days of strolling around.

Of course, many say the same thing about where I live (LA).

Honor among thieves was a good way of putting it.

There's a difference between common-sense morals that allow people to live together without descending to shit, and ridiculous religious morals (often more nefarious than the things they indict).

That said, I'll never quite get the appeal of Pattaya. Only been there once and felt a need to de-slime myself after two days of strolling around.

Of course, many say the same thing about where I live (LA).

Gee I dunno. Thieves? Do you feel like a criminal? I don't. Stealing things, yeah that's pure crime. Hard to make a case in favor of being a thief.

To me, there's degrees of DIRT -- I mean, the orignal idea was guys who treat girls like dirt. Then some one said something about some girl who got pushed off a balcony or something... I was close to responding to that one, cuz it seemed to say that THAT is mistreating a girl, but what that guy in Windmill was doing was not. I think we can all agree that it's not quite respectful to throw a girl off the roof of an apartment building, but also that there's a whole range of other things you can do that would also fall into the general category of being disrespectful and or abusive, and that there are degrees of disrespect. Just because groping against their wishes isn't murder doesn't mean it's not disrespectful. That some guy murders a girl doesn't throw open the hatches and allow for anything a guy wants to do suddenly being ok. That's just weird.

The whole 'sanctimonious' angle: I wonder if the same guys would say someone was being sanctimonious if they criticized behavior/morals of a bargirl rather than a fellow mongerer. Doubt it.

To me, I'd say religions do have some common sense morals built in (thou shalt not steal, etc.), along with some dumb ones (like not eating pork, etc.) that seem pretty arbitrary and absurd. This one here about unwanted groping is in the category with ones that keep the social group functioning, I say.

To me, I'd say religions do have some common sense morals built in (thou shalt not steal, etc.), along with some dumb ones (like not eating pork, etc.) that seem pretty arbitrary and absurd. This one here about unwanted groping is in the category with ones that keep the social group functioning, I say.

Well said.

Go-go bars, if you look at them without the religious baggage, provide a lot of pleasure to men and a lot of income to women (I realize that's an oversimplification). Unlike the jerkwad incident, there are no victims if you accept that people should be allowed to use their sexual attributes to make cash.

Of course, the truth is that all the major religions think mongering is sinful. However, all major religions also believe that there's a man up in the sky who loves you and will make you burn in hell forever if you wank your willy* (or some equally preposterous garbage).

*Footnote: adapted from a George Carlin routine

Bibliography on request.

I've had a few girls use me as a shield over the years, too. Unlike Flashermac and shygye, I allowed the guy to grope me--I actually got half the bar fine. Then I told the guy my brother called with an emergency and ditched him at the door of his hotel room. Nice supplement to the income, that was.

As you did not actually commit the full act, I will rule this 50% gay. However, if the groping was above the waist, in such a way that it could be confused as a back massage, then it drops to 25% gay.

Archived