An Unpleasant Incident: Jerkwads who Treat Bargirls Like Dirt

expat

I thought rainman's post was a long protracted whine about perceived whining.

Uh huh.

My perception from a very very short time on this board is that there are a lot of intelligent posters/posts, but a certain element of volatile chemistry seems to be lacking at times. It's nice when people agree and want to give a high-five, but it's also nice when they want to say... oh HELL NO.

Need a few more hell no's and a little less sensitivity and you'll be there. Or maybe not, who the fuck am I to come on here all critical and shit anyway? Eh??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
expat, could you be just a *little* more full of yourself ?

I've seen a variety of shit-stirrers come and go in my modest time on the board, but for someone with 305 posts in roughly the same period, you seem awfully keen to stir up a few hornets nests.

I'm not keen on any such thing. I posted an experience I had, and other people decided to have a go at me, unfairly characterizing my actions. I pointed this out. That is not stirring up a hornet's nest. The fact that you are lording the number of posts you have over me is yet another laughable attempt to avoid dealing with the substance of my posts.

If you'd like to talk about stirring up a hornet's nest, how about ranma's post, which was a general attack on the nature of the board. Why did he choose to post it in this thread? If he's so concerned about the board, why didn't he make his own post rather than jumping in this thread (which had already fizzled out into the usual gay metering)? Why would he hold me up as an example of what is wrong with this board?

Talk about shit stirring. As usual, the people who make the shit-stirring accusation are the shit stirrer themselves.

As ranma pointed out, a lot of your post was about the fact that you've been castigating yourself for doing absolutely zip about the jerkwad in question - for a man of inaction, you are one hell of a keyboard warrior.

Here is an example of twisting what I said. I never castigated myself and I *did* take action. Calling me a keyboard warrior is a flame and I don't appreciate it.

The irony of this thread, for mine, is that said jerkwad would have gone back to his accounting job in Farangland weeks ago, completely oblivious to the angst he has clearly caused you. Let it go.

He caused me no angst. He caused some unpleasantness in the bar, interrupting my enjoyment of the show for a while, and I posted about it here.

Pretty much all the things you accuse me of here are just self observations on your part.

My perception from a very very short time on this board is

I guess that is why you cannot compare it to how it was before and you missed the point of his post.

Now where did I put that banana

True dat. Indeed. Correct on both points. And when I'm there, you have my word as a scholar and a gentleman I will do my best to uphold the board's sanctity and post tales of excessive wanton debauchery. Or my feeble attempts thereof.

Now, about the banana, haven't seen it, and I'm not asking.

Archived