Running away on credit cards

Coss

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't consider it on Credit Cards, nowhere near enough money in it to make it worthwhile but I do fantasise about another idea.

Current employer has a substantial insurance policy in my name and if I was to "Pass Away" whilst still under contract my listed dependents would be paid out USD 1.6 Million (GBP 1 Mill). Jokingly discussed it with the wife and one of her cousins, who is a Doctor in BKK and could issue a "Death Certificate". Company only know my address in downtown Bangkok and not the house in the Suburbs so I could quite easily "Slip off the Radar Screen".

Do I have the balls to do it?

Probably not, but its a tempting prospect!

OMG, Mekong. I can't believe you posted this. I'm an honorable guy and would never consider approaching your wife with a slightly different plan. But, I'm not sure about some others here.

:rotl:

HH

the wife is not a benificiary of corporate payouts so I am covered from that perspective.

Guest HonoluluJimmy
Haven't the credit card people tightened up on who they issue to?

I opened a couple of new bank accounts in Australia this year and there was no suggestion of any credit being offered.

My original card has a $2000 limit but it goes back to the mid 90s and I doubt anyone could walk off the street and get this these days.

This, of course is different to a loan application, where security would have to be shown.

Also anyone doing this, maxing out his cards and doing a runner, would have to consider the future financial consequences. He'd be unlikely to be able to ever borrow money again.

WOW "two large" credit limit.. You must know Warren Buffet or Bill Gates.... 2k, just what do you do with a 2K card limit. Five nights at the J.W. in Hong Kong would have snapped the hunk of plastic before I visited the gift shop! Yeah, there was a snap up of limits after the crash... Mai Pen Rai, Have a go at Merrill Lynch Beyond Banking.... You limit, your portfolio! Up to You!

Archived