U.S. military defends pregnancy punishment in Iraq

TroyinEwa/Perv

This is truly an idiotic policy with an idiot in charge of the U.S. troops in Iraq.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – The U.S. military commander in northern Iraq defended on Tuesday a new policy imposing strict penalties, including possible jail time, for troops who become pregnant or get other soldiers pregnant

Link

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not stupid at all! I had a female black Army staff sergeant tell me how she got sick at what she saw happening in Desert Storm. It seems single female soldiers would deliberately get pregnant so they would be sent back to the States. After they got back, they'd have an abortion and tell the Army they'd had a miscarriage. They were using their wombs to get out of a combat zone.

Frank Leigh, the site of pregnant women in military formations has always bothered me. I knew a female SFC who'd had 3 children - by 3 different men. She'd never been married, and the Army was stuck with paying support for her 3 little brats. Say what you want about equal rights, but that kind of crap is ridiculous.

One Marine general a few years ago proposed that no Marine be allowed to marry until he had served at least 10 years. He said the USMC was not in the business of raising families. Naturally, the liberals (who would never dream of serving themselves) were all over the general.

Agree, not stupid at all. In a combat zone, ANY soldier is subject to court martial if they deliberately do something to render themselves unfit for duty. Catching VD, getting drunk, using/misusing drugs or self inflicting a wound etc are among the offenses. I believe this law/policy ALSO punishes the father/man who knocks the broad up, so it is NOT as 1 sided as some would have you think it is.

Of course women really don't belong in the military, let alone combat.

Archived