Another first for Obama!

Flashermac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Property tax...what happens when the market value goes down, like in today's climate...NOTHING...you still pay the higher tax!!! WTF!!! at least that is the way they do it in Illinois!

Not true here in CA Cav. You petition to get reassessed, and your taxes go down.

You're right about the structure but will disagree about the patriotism. People love the country dearly.

Steve, right at the top of US google news earlier today were headlines about the fear of Obama's State of the Union Address possibly pre-empting the season premier of Lost. Sure we're a patriotic lot. Link :rotl:

Edit: My comment above might speak just as well toward the media as the citizenship (as mentioned by someone earlier).

Lost is more important. This is their final year - a must to see.

Obama will be around for a few more years.

America rising! :content:

[color:red]What a line of crap.[/color] When Bush was spending as if he had Sarah's Palin's budget for panties and bras, the Republican looked the other way. Bush spent and spent and spent. Was he goals ever to catch or kill Ben Laden?

Bush engaged us into needless wars, allowed gasoline to rise to over $5.00 a gallon and served only the interest of his elite few.

When the Bush Republicans gave and paid for Iraq's one pay healthcare system, not one Republican raised an eyebrow; some winked.

When Conservatives registered as Democrats so as to be able to vote for Obama in the primary, it was the Republicans who helped to get a no-name person elected President.

Some one has to pay for the whims of the last administration and this current one. Of course I would have preferred the money be spent here at home during both.

Exactly!

Providing and paying for Iraqis healthcare system should have happened after we got our plan. There is money for everybody except USA citizens. We should be moved to the front of the line.

A load of crap, but very well done crap! It's the sort of thing the voters eat up. You don't think they actually consider the issues before voting, do you?

<< When Conservatives registered as Democrats so as to be able to vote for Obama in the primary, it was the Republicans who helped to get a no-name person elected President. >>

Works both ways. I know a yellow dog Democrat who is a registered Republican simply so he can vote for the weakest Repub candidates in elections. He's done it for decades.

You're right about the structure but will disagree about the patriotism. People love the country dearly.

Steve, right at the top of US google news earlier today were headlines about the fear of Obama's State of the Union Address possibly pre-empting the season premier of Lost. Sure we're a patriotic lot. Link :rotl:

Edit: My comment above might speak just as well toward the media as the citizenship (as mentioned by someone earlier).

Haha...I would be upset if he pre-empted Lost as well. I love that show. Listening to the state o the union address isn't patriotic in my book. Its a free a political ad for whomever is in the white house.

The state of the union used to be written and given to the congress in a letter originally. I thnk it was Wilson back around the early 1900s who wanted to give it them in person. Not 100% sure on that (too lazy to research it) but he was a bit pompous and being a former professor, loved to lecture people.

Archived