whalers 1 protesters 0

passingthru69

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the protestors and whalers are both playing a dangerous game. Interestingly, in a video from

, it appears that the whaling vessel may have turned into the Sea Shepherd boat. But, as with many videos, you can't really be sure. The interview is also interesting.

What I don't understand is how Japanese whaling qualifies as "research". You may agree or disagree with the international ban on whaling, but this research claim is clearly bogus. That, of course, doesn't justify Sea Shepherd's dangerous antics - maybe they should, instead, put their time and money into challenging the "research" claim. That would certainly be less dangerous.

Like the Japanese wife told me one time... "...we didn't have beef, like the USA (and others) so we ate whale...".

Makes sense.

NZ, Oz, Eu North America, we have a surplus of beef, pork and lamb...no so in Japan!

That is utter bullshit

Japan had and still do have a huge beef industry. Where do you think Kobe beef originated from.

What is different now is that most of the industry moved offshore which made it expensive for the average japanese.

Like the Japanese wife told me one time... "...we didn't have beef' date=' like the USA (and others) so we ate whale...".

Makes sense.

NZ, Oz, Eu North America, we have a surplus of beef, pork and lamb...no so in Japan![/quote']

That is utter bullshit

Japan had and still do have a huge beef industry. Where do you think Kobe beef originated from.

What is different now is that most of the industry moved offshore which made it expensive for the average japanese.

Kobe beef...555555555555555

Only the highest of the hi-sdo could afford Kobe beef, get real!

The average, middle class Japanese never got anywhere near Kobe beef.

I have paid $10 USD for one apple, some years ago in Japan.

Living and working in Japan for over the past 30+ years, I saw the eating habits up close and personal and beef was not a big part of the diet.

Now...Mickey D's, Wendy's, KFC, etc, the newer generations have greatly changed their diets, IMO.

I still see whale being sold, but after i ate it one time, many years ago, I pass on it, as for my taste, not all that tasty.

Agree with you about present day Japan.

I wanted a rockmellon once in Osaka but could justify a $120

They have some crazy food prices.

Anyway, as Cavanami said, beef was extremely rare for the average Japanese until a few decades ago. Or has anybody ever seen a cow in a Samurai movie? :content:

Archived