A Serious question

timmy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"moderation should be minimal"

That is okay now, but it wasn't in the beginning. I am convinced that if we hadn't been very heavy-handed initially this board too would have been overrun with flamers & trolls.

Most people now know that they cannot get away with it and don't even bother. Which of course means less need for me to do any moderation.

Allowing people to post photos adds another layer of issues, the main one being people posting nudes, photos of (ex)girlfriends, other board members, etc. Sure, we can delete those, but it may take a while before one of the mods notice them and by then the damage may already have been done.

Sanuk!

KS,

Is there any way to make it so general posters' pics posted would need moderator approval before they are seen on the board? I'd think that would handle it perfectly. Post a pic, the mods or yourself check it out for suitability on the site, then approve or disapprove. Then it shows or not in the post. WOuld be more work, but a good addition/feature to the site really I'd think.

I do see it done on other Thai related sites.

Cent

Hi,

"Is there any way to make it so general posters' pics posted would need moderator approval before they are seen on the board?"

No. Only option would be to turn on approval requirement for every post, which of course would kill the board in about a day or so.

Sanuk!

Okay, so how about board members who've posted over 100 posts being able to post photos? Folks you can trust :neener:

I think also nightlife should have a 50 or 100 post count to view and maybe we need a member section that also has a 50 post count to view as well.

Obviously the member section would be different from sponsors, but might allow more interesting photos...

Archived