A Serious question

timmy

As I've said before.....

It is the internet. Why do people take things so personally? I have many epic run-ins with folks, but it didn't stop me. Maybe I'm just thick skinned....or just thick.

The thing with MooNoi really annoyed me though. Why some poster, who very very rarely posts, is allowed to screw up the enjoyment for everyone else annoys me intensely. I looked forward to MN's stories. I wish others would post about their experiences more.

Anyway, a few long term posters left...SD being a huge loss, Samak also (anyone know why?), Drogon rarely posts now for some reason, CT, etc etc....the list is getting long. New members seem to sign up but then don't post, which I don't get. Dave32 being the exception, who is a quality contributor.

I'm of the opinion that photos should be allowed for normal members to post and that moderation should be as relaxed as is possible. I also think members need to get off their asses and post more!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still come and visit and post sometimes.

But I stopped posting a lot, when some longtime board members jumped down my neck thinking they new more than I do and then I found out they only been to Thailand a hand full of time compared to me, that killed the fun for me.

Honest, thank you.

insensative to a bargirl.

Someone got upset cause a punter was insensitive to a cumbucket......fuck me, that hits the nail on the head, the hardcore mongers must have nearly swallowed their radie's fluff..... insensitive to a BG.....fuck me sideways.

I personally think that the following ad, allowed on a monger's forum, is indicative of its demise

'my ladyboy.com' this is total sacrilege.And VERY, very gay. What do you say OH? Adds for blokes in frocks, that enough to put me off my cunnilingus .

Anyways.....

I hate to be serious....but

What exactly has been the cause for this boards fall from being a fun' date=' busy place to being so damn quiet. There are just 7 chaps on line, hardly any new posts , even less new threads.

Now, before my new friend expat come in with his handbang, hows about taking two minutes to pin it down.

As I said, I hate seriousness but damn, what a change in the time Ive been away.

What happened Gents?

[/quote']

A couple of reasons I believe.

Self-righteousness plays a big roll. Perfect example was Piggy"s Pattaya Playtimes which came to an abrupt hault because one poster thought he was being insensative to a bargirl.

The continual degeneration of many threads into a US poitics pissing match. I know boardmembers who usually contribute a lot to the board who just don't post anymore because of the same shit that goes on thread after thread.

Maybe guys just don't know how to enjoy themselves and most who do, are too lazy to spend 15 mins at the comp to share their experiences. Don't have to be a Pulitzer Prize winner to contribute. Is all about the time you had not the literacy.

Finally probably need to kull the topics I think and keep it LOS related. Maybe good time to cut some topics from the board. Sure KS has stats of what is dead or dying.

Finally 6-7 members contribute around 60-70% of the content to the board. Like a lot of things you get out what you put in.

"...Maybe guys just don't know how to enjoy themselves and most who do, are too lazy to spend 15 mins at the comp to share their experiences. Don't have to be a Pulitzer Prize winner to contribute. Is all about the time you had not the literacy..."

A few guys here had a discussion a long time back on what we should really say about places we liked. What had been happening was a lot of the places we liked, got talked up, and then got more popular, and then went to shit. SO the question remains, "if you like a place, do you tell others? or do you keep your mouth shut and hope it doesn't get ruined?"

Also, some guys here got tired of trying to help others who just plain refuse to listen.

I still come and visit and post sometimes.

But I stopped posting a lot, when some longtime board members jumped down my neck thinking they new more than I do and then I found out they only been to Thailand a hand full of time compared to me, that killed the fun for me.

Number of times in a place means nothing. I know guys who have lived there for years, and still can't speak the language, and or, are as clueless as a guy who never went. I know guys who have been to Thailand 50-100+ times and only know the path from their Pattaya hotel to their favorite bars, nothing more. So the number of trips means nothing. Like wise living there may mean nothing in terms of understanding it all. A lot may just come down to the person and what they get out of it all. Some guys get it some guys don't.

insensative to a bargirl.

Someone got upset cause a punter was insensitive to a cumbucket......fuck me, that hits the nail on the head, the hardcore mongers must have nearly swallowed their radie's fluff..... insensitive to a BG.....fuck me sideways

Hey some guy got upset because I often refer to whores as...well, whores...they thought I was insulting the little darlings...go figure. :dunno::dunno:

Hi,

"moderation should be minimal"

That is okay now, but it wasn't in the beginning. I am convinced that if we hadn't been very heavy-handed initially this board too would have been overrun with flamers & trolls.

Most people now know that they cannot get away with it and don't even bother. Which of course means less need for me to do any moderation.

Allowing people to post photos adds another layer of issues, the main one being people posting nudes, photos of (ex)girlfriends, other board members, etc. Sure, we can delete those, but it may take a while before one of the mods notice them and by then the damage may already have been done.

Sanuk!

Archived