Sukumvit Shortcut

Ryder

yeah as far I could tell the 'shortcut' used really was just the sidewalk on the croniccally congested rama4 rd leading up to suk/phra khanong area.

in fact there's plenty of real shortcuts also applying to 4 wheelers such as expressways or small back sois here & there that even few taxis seem to bother about or even the ones with GPS/navigation systems (traffic data enabled) :rolleyes:

anyway there's no pint boasting about a shortcut as soon it'll be the next bootle neck LOL!

si its fine 4++ wheelers never stops for pedestrians, but now you want 2 wheelers to leave their long held pavement (at least 50/50)? :rolleyes:

dream on sir as you saw all the motodops/moto taxis in front of 'ryder' cruised the sidewalk like a mob - leave & let live - don't try to change an downstream river to an upstream just becoz you feel like it - it'll kill you in stress & distress :)

cheers!

Hi,

"is it kind of legal ? "

Actually, I have heard that it IS legal if the main road is congested. Not sure if it is true or not though as it sounds utterly moronic to me. Then again, TIT and all.

Sanuk!

PS Oh, and guys, no need to get personal, eh? Some of the above posts were definitely crossing the border.

Not legal...maybe.

I was test riding a bike from a shop and I had to ride the sidewalk about 50m from the shop to get on the road (high curb).

There was a BiB there and of course he stopped this big nosed biker...the BiB said, "...cannot ride on sidewalk, for walkers...". I explained that I was doing a test ride from a shop 20m from where we were standing and he said OK.

No hassle for me, but WTF...try to walk aroung the Pan Tip area and get farkin run down every three meters!!! Where are the BiB for that...azzholes!!!

Archived