Am I right to be concerned, or am I a racist nazi?

spirit_of_town_hall

Hi,

"It will be soon spot the Thai."

A bit far-fetched? There's about 65 million Thais here and I'd be surprised if there's 1 million farang (not counting tourists). That's 1.5% of the population.

Something tells me the percentage in the UK is 'slightly' higher.

Sanuk!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flash...I WAS the minority when I was in high school hard I know from some to imagine' date=' but I didn't know better and neither did they. Flash foreward to the year or so I spent on the east coast...main line Pnilly...before Uni...fish out of water for sure, the blue bloods, the guys who knew better, who's shit didn't stink...some how I think we poor kids in Mission knew better and had it better...fuckin' pukes didn't even know what a burrito was.[/quote']

I was a minority as a kid when I lived near the Mexican border. I never did much like getting called Anglo all the time.

Hmmm. Interesting. I think this is the first time I disagree with you Flash.

I am a minority where I live. Highland Park. But by minority, people are talking about physical ethnic traits. My peers here are all Los Angelenos and they - neighbors/friends - have gone to bat for me quite a few times.

However people may feel about it, one of mother nature's dictums is -- if you have physical traits that are recessive (fair skin, eyes, hair, etc), eventually they're going to be procreated into obsolescence. That's just the way it is. The barriers that kept populations homogeneous and isolated are dissolving.

The more important things... the art, science, literature, etc., are the things to value and pass on. Eye, hair, skin color... so what.

The thing that made me smirk when I read the article is that it wasn't talking about 'British' people. It was talking about white British vs. brown British, with no reference made to the actual culture/beliefs that would define you as a Brit --> much moreso than your genetic make-up.

Whatever face the future holds several generations down the line... it probably won't be a white one.

Ah, I see - so advancing a lazy and simplistic analogy that is 'far fetched' is just fine as long as it's supporting a castigation of the far right in Britain.

Do I understand than correctly that you support right wing pamphelts like this, where as Dave points out, white British are supposedly more important than coloured British?

How does that make you feel being a foreigner in this country and the same of comparing 'far fetched' with a quote from the article 'a Third World immigrant tsunami'.

Yeah, so being against mass third world immigration makes me the same as the KKK, people on the left always have to distort and lie, as their argument is so hopeless. I bet you wouldn't send your child to a school that was 80% Somalian.

STH

Pardon my dramatics.

The KKK are a bit extreme with the whippings and hangings and all that.

No, for sure I would NOT want to send my (any) child to a school that was 80% Somalian.

Archived