Am I right to be concerned, or am I a racist nazi?

spirit_of_town_hall

It takes about 4 years to learn all of Londons streets and there are no short cuts.

I would disagree with that, there are plenty of short cuts but the cabbies don't want to use them as they want to maximise the fare. A few months ago I took a cab from my hotel in Knightsbridge to Euston and the cab driver headed towards Park Lane to then turn down Marylebone Road.

No no no no no :nono:

"Ehhh!!" I shouted, "what the feck do yo think your doing, go down Piccadily, up Charing Cross Road and then up Tottenham Court Road, it's a short cut, you will get there a lot quicker"

"Thanks guv", he replied and went on his way humming the tune to Eastenders.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<>

yes there is satnavs!....weekend just gone i drove from cambridge to lewisham to stay with friends. i'm ok until i get the other side of the blackwall tunnel to turn on the satnav and hey presto i'm there no sweat. surely a cabi can just use one to navigate a fare?....ok i know a satnav isn't perfect and can lead you into rivers and such but mostly are reliable.......i wont talk about our lawlessness in my friends new porsche boxster on saturday....suffice to say a fresh pair of pants was needed almost!

Archived