Stickman

checkbin

Excellent panadolsandwich. I couldn't agree more with your well formulated position. Since Stick comes on here only when he thinks it is in his best interest, I doubt he will respond. He only talks tough on the sites like "Secrets" that his buddy runs, and then of course you would have been kicked off for such Blasphemy. The cool thing is, I know he'll read it. Ha Ha

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent panadolsandwich. I couldn't agree more with your well formulated position. Since Stick comes on here only when he thinks it is in his best interest, I doubt he will respond. He only talks tough on the sites like "Secrets" that his buddy runs, and then of course you would have been kicked off for such Blasphemy. The cool thing is, I know he'll read it. Ha Ha

He makes my skin crawl. He seems like he could do anything with his life - he obviously has some form of intellect, but he focusses on this narrow gap of thai prostitution & nightlife!, like an eternally lost soul. Then he has the gall to tell us that he's changed!

Changed to what? The column has only changed to turn to pimping, not so long ago, with bar girls numbers being quoted, specific bars named. All while this so called epiphany has been taking place. I thought that was a no-no?

The word Hypocrite - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

What makes my skin crawl is the obsession that some people have with Stickman. I understand that he's in the public domain by choice and open to criticism, but why bother? These well reasoned analyses strike me as being creepy, like that Galt fellow.

If you don't like his site, don't read it. It's not like a media empire being forced down your throat, so why all the negative energy against it?

I'm not a Stickman apologist. I just don't get it. :dunno:

What makes my skin crawl is the obsession that some people have with Stickman. I understand that he's in the public domain by choice and open to criticism, but why bother? These well reasoned analyses strike me as being creepy, like that Galt fellow.

If you don't like his site, don't read it. It's not like a media empire being forced down your throat, so why all the negative energy against it?

I'm not a Stickman apologist. I just don't get it. :dunno:

Me neither. I read his site only every few months, but I admire his staying power.

I guess most who criticize him have no idea how much work, energy and steadiness someone needs to keep a site running and updated *every week* for over a decade. 95% of all the millions of personal/single person run blogs and websites don't survive the first year and of the remaining 5% only a small percentage survive 5 years.

Those who think that he earns his money easily just need to set up a new site - it can be done for free -, start with a fresh idea, and try to create fresh content 52 times within 12 months, answer readers email, take care for adverts, e.g., and do this all after the day job is finished. And of course they need to attract a steady and growing readership.

Good Luck!

Also I find it extremely funny when punters talk about hypocrisy in regard to Sticks website. I wonder how many of those who call Stick a hypocrite talk to their spouse, girl friend, family and friends about the adventures in Patty and SC and how great it is to fuck uneducated farm girls in a developing country.

:content:

Galt, er 'Jeffects', any news in regard to your trials?

;)

Well ... lots of folks used to like to criticise Trink and make fun of him. Trink is retired, so Stickman has inherited the position. :dunno:

Stick has a long row to hoe before supplanting Alf as your Thailand correspondent. One of the original blogs on the planet, messy to navigate, still going and not for profit. I admire this man.

Stickman should interview Alf for a column, if it hasn't already happened.

Guest lazyphil

<>

i suppose theres a difference between discretion and hypocracy. i'm not saying stickman is a hypocrite but in the context of what you're saying keeping your mouth shut about what you do on holiday in los doesn't make you a hypocrite....

What makes my skin crawl is the obsession that some people have with Stickman. I understand that he's in the public domain by choice and open to criticism' date=' but why bother? These well reasoned analyses strike me as being creepy, like that Galt fellow.

[b']I'm not a Stickman apologist. I just don't get it.[/b] :dunno:

Me neither. I read his site only every few months, but I admire his staying power.

I guess most who criticize him have no idea how much work, energy and steadiness someone needs to keep a site running and updated *every week* for over a decade. 95% of all the millions of personal/single person run blogs and websites don't survive the first year and of the remaining 5% only a small percentage survive 5 years.

Those who think that he earns his money easily just need to set up a new site - it can be done for free -, start with a fresh idea, and try to create fresh content 52 times within 12 months, answer readers email, take care for adverts, e.g., and do this all after the day job is finished. And of course they need to attract a steady and growing readership.

Good Luck!

Also I find it extremely funny when punters talk about hypocrisy in regard to Sticks website. I wonder how many of those who call Stick a hypocrite talk to their spouse, girl friend, family and friends about the adventures in Patty and SC and how great it is to fuck uneducated farm girls in a developing country.

:content:

Not all are uneducated, and not all are farm girls....why generalise ? :dunno:

Archived