Bangkok Beat & Stick's Credibility

doris day

I spent quite a bit of time at Bangkok Beat during my last visit as I was interested to see how the place looked and felt after it changed hands. I used to go there when it was known as the Absolute pool bar when it first began. It was my haunt.

Stickman often promotes it as a place where non-p4p girls go and mingle happily with prostitutes and guys who go there might just get lucky and meet a 'nice girl' or at least get a free root.

My visits there didn't uncover any evidence that this was the case. The girls who were there were dressed like typical ho's and were quickly joined by much older men at their tables. I really can't see the difference between the old venue and the new 'Bangkok Beat'.

It makes me question what Stick says about a lot of things. It really seems obvious to me that he is being paid to promote this place :closemouth: as he mentions it regularly and always talks up the promotions at the place. The owners must be trying to push the place as a bit of a non-p4p venue but I think they need to ship in a new crowd as the current one are just hookers like everywhere else in nana. I mean c'mon would Stick's wife go there? not bloody likely and that should tell you everything you need to know about the type of girl that goes there....

thoughts anyone?

I had a beer there last trip, as it had a certain beer on tap that my mate wanted to drink (forget its name, I think Ashasi or something like that, it was okay, each to their own).

Yes, the girls seem to be snapped up by the old blokes, maybe I walked past Old Hippie when I was there. However, it seemed as if the old timers were regulars, and therefore the girls knew them and were happy to sit with someone who would more than likely would buy them a beer, and pay for the pool table (even if the old timers had won the table).

However, I agree with your point that the women are no glamors and it ain't no place that I would take the missus too. The girls, if they don't work there seem to be freelancers from the biergarden trolling for fresh meat. The employed girls IMO are not much cut either.

Haven't been there, and am out of the country now so probably won't be any time soon. With the title of the thread and your main point, well, it seems like you already have made up your mind what you think. Me, I'd give the guy benefit of doubt, which there is plenty here to be had (who can account for how someone else sees a place -- maybe he WOULD take his wife there -- there's guys here who take their GF's to gogos even) and to me it seems like you go a step too far speculating that he's getting paid to promote the place, mainly cuz you're insinuating an accusation even while acknowledging you don't have evidence to back it. I just think you have to do some homework and actually investigate before you can speculate publicly about something like that. All you have here are presumptions.

I often request in my weekly column for bar owners and managers to provide me with information about certain bars. Not many do. Bangkok Beat is one of few that does. If they tell me what is going on there, I include what they tell me. That is why you often see mentins of Bangkok Beat.

Bangkok Beat happens to be the one bar aside from Tilac that I visit a lot. I was in there with a mate for a couple of hours last night and will be there tomorrow night.

I don't get anything from them for the mentions I make - except that it is easy content. If you dispute this, I invite you to go in there and ask the owner directly about it rather than making false accusations on here about it. The owner of Bangkok Beat is a very forthright person as the owner of this forum will attest and will tell you straight.

Yes, the ratio of freelancers to non-working girls in there has changed and it is much more a freelancer venue these days with fewer non-working girls.

Hi,

"Not many do."

I can certainly believe that. Have tried to get info in the past as well, virtually no response. It is almost like they don't give a shit.

"The owner of Bangkok Beat is a very forthright person as the owner of this forum will attest and will tell you straight."

I know the guy?

Seriously, while I very well might, I have no idea who it might be. Up until reading this thread I had never even heard of this bar.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"Not many do."

I can certainly believe that. Have tried to get info in the past as well, virtually no response. It is almost like they don't give a shit.[/b

You got that right. Lets not forget, for many of the owners, their bussinesses over here are a hobby and they treat it that way. They have a mountain of cash back in their home country and have very little interest whether their places here makes or loses money.

How do I know? I do or try to do business with most of them.

Bangkok Beat is lots of fun, cheesy pop music--though played quite well by most of the bands--and general Thai dancing fun.

However--and I spent 15 nights dancing there on my January trip, including 12 nights in a row--I will testify that you'd be very hard-pressed to find a non-working girl in there, that is who's not part of a farang-farang couple. The vast majority of the women in there are there to meet guys to fuck for money...including some "grey area" girls, but by far it's straight-up hookers, most of whom you can find at places like the Biergarten on soi 7 a few hours before Bangkok Beat gets hopping.

Anyway, good crowd, not too-ridiculous drink prices, nice staff, generally nice and friendly clientele.

Archived