Time To "Bitch-slap Israel"?

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. :beer:

Still, as I said, the post-WWII years were decidedly nasty. Borders were redrawn around the world and millions lost their homes. The WWII victors proved they could be just as nasty as the losers had been. Odd that the stuggle in the ME is the only one that continues today.

Stalin's USSR voted at the UN to divide Palestine into separate states. I've always suspected he did so mainly to cause future trouble he could exploit.

I;ve said this before, and I honestly believe it...that is, Israel was a way for Europe to get rid of Jewish refugees post war. The USa didn't want them, Europe didn't ant them, so well ship them off to the dessert, their homeland, and well maybe the Muslims/Arabs will finish the job...trouble is, that didn't happen.

To me, I don't think there will ever be peace in the middle east. Despite what is best, or what anyone on the outside thinks, I don't think anyone wants it. These people have been fighting for ages, it is in their blood. Add to that the oil industry likes a volatile region to justify high oil prices, arms dealers get rich, politicians make and break deals with ME policy/actions...and both sides think they are 100% right and see no reason to compromise. "We've given enough" is a popular mantra of 1 side, maybe both.

The main reason is, as 1 pointed out, it was 1-2 parties (mainly) deciding what THEY should do with a 3rd party...as one said it is like China and Germany deciding that Texas must be returned to Mexico/Spain...there'd be a whole lot of pissed off people just on the principle of it...somehow that didn't matter than or does it matter now(?) where Palestine is concerned.

Guest lazyphil

the world hates jews. period. christians on the other hand matched around the world with no redress now cherry picking the best places to settle and fuck up aboriginals. the likes of robous shooting his mouth off should take a long hard look at his country.

Israel's actions with Palestine have been excessive and should be criticized. Conditions in Palestine are unconscionable. It's a shitty situation. OTOH, also believe that Israel has to be tough, they're surrounded by neighbors who are blunt in their desire to see them wiped off the map and have acted in accordance.

And yes, the way Israel was established following WWII was not the smartest.

To this day, Palestine's neighbors will not accept refugees, they have a vested interest in maintaining tension -- and give the impression their higher concern is to hurt Israel opposed to helping Palestine.

And the Palestinians, they're getting screwed all around.

It is interesting in the US that parts of the left and right have ramped up criticism and Israel hardly enjoys public and media support here like it did in the 80s. Yeah, there's the Evangelicals who promote Israel as it pertains to their belief in 'the Rapture,' (a two-sided coin that can also hurt perception with the larger public - who don't want that association), and there are guys who see them as our allies and friends... but there has been a shift of public opinion against Israel too, some of it conspiracy 'truther' x-files type bullshit, some of it a little legit.

I got mixed feelings but in general - support Israel. I suppose if there's one thing I'm certain of it's that my 3 Jewish friends here are cool as fuck.

Ps. Jewish chicks are hot.

Guest lazyphil

israel is a tiny miniscule slither of land in the massive ME arab world and you are correct other arab/brother countrys wont allow refugees to keep tension high and garner support with the muslim diaspora around the world. something native australians and americans never had-a global network of supporters, they just took it up the ass like good bitches, i'm not saying 2 wrongs make i right but it irks the shit out of me, champions to the pal cause are often from countrys stolen and brutalised and now so established the clock cant be turned back. it makes me fucking puke.

Archived