Time To "Bitch-slap Israel"?

Hugh_Hoy

Thanks for your erudite response, Lazyphil. Seems there's only one bigot here. For lack of intelligent argument, you stereotype all Australians as racists. That's as ridiculous as saying all British are football hooligans.

At least I got a reply this time. 12 months ago you tried to whitewash Israeli war crimes in Gaza. 3 months ago I published the preliminary findings of the UN Goldstone commission here. Israel has since admitted using white phosphorous illegally that slowly burnt through children's skin and if not killed them, maimed them for life. The IDF also admitted using human shields. All war crimes. But not a peep out of you then.

Well, you're a family man, LP. Here's another sample of the behaviour that you leap to defend. It's on UK telly tonight!

'Dispatches: Children of Gaza' airs 15 March at 8pm on Channel 4 (full article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/children-of-gaza-scarred-trapped-vengeful-1921047.html)

"The shy 12-year-old holds up a brightly coloured picture and begins to explain to her classmates what she has drawn. It is a scene played out in schools all over the world, but for one striking difference: Omsyatte's picture does not illustrate a recent family holiday, or jolly school outing, but the day an Israeli military offensive killed her nine-year-old brother and destroyed her home.

Here is where they shot my brother Ibrahim, God bless his soul. And here is the F16 plane that threw rockets into the house and trees, and here is the tank that started to shoot," .....

"Mahmoud, 12, describes the day Israeli soldiers knocked on the door and shot his father dead, lying down in the dirt where his father fell in a heartbreaking reconstruction, and describes the enormous changes it wrought upon him." ....

"Families have been fractured by the conflict, with many parents racked by guilt because they couldn't protect their children from the violence, and now cannot provide for them in the aftermath. Sitting in the tent which is now their home, Omsyatte's father weeps as he talks of his regret over the death of his son Ibrahim.

The Israelis killed my son while he was in my arms, and I could do nothing to protect him," he says, tears streaming down his face. "I couldn't even look at him when he was taking his last breaths of life, because the soldiers were right above my head. I was too much of a coward to even hug my son. I was afraid that they would kill me. These things torment me."...

"Many of the children in Gaza's Shefa hospital do not have the option of leaving the Gaza strip, and the prognosis for children in the oncology ward is bleak. Chemotherapy is not available in Gaza, and many of the children on the ward have not been granted the papers they need to seek the treatment readily available to Palestinians just across the Israeli and Egyptian borders. One of these children is 10-year-old Ribhye, crippled by advanced leukaemia and unable to leave Gaza. His distraught father, sitting in a hospital room devoid of the equipment and medicine his son so desperately needs, is devastated not to have been granted leave to take Ribhye out of Gaza. "How do I get out? This border is closed, that border is closed. What do I do?" he asked.

As you are sitting in the comfort of your home tonight, LP, spare a thought for the children of Gaza and what your Israeli mates have done to them.... or will you switch over and watch Coronation Street instead?

:beer:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

why dont other arab countrys absorb palastians? why?......when i see anyone suffering, black, white, arab, jew etc i find it awful......the jews are there to stay. no going back, until the arabs can accept this this shit will rumble on. remember we're talking a tiny bit of land in a vast area, israel is under siege.

Hi,

"the jews are there to stay"

I do not think this is the problem, per se, but rather the fact that they keep taking more and more.

How long would it take for you to take action if your neighbor took another couple of square meters of your yard every couple of months?

Sanuk!

KS,

I see the problem as you and I deciding Robaus could have part of LP's yard. We don't allow Phil to have any say in the matter. That is the first part of the problem. Phil fights back, but we give Robaus better weapons...

Then Robaus brings in more and more friends, so he keeps taking more of the yard...now LP is not only pissed at Robaus, but he is also pissed at you and me for starting the shit...more less the Israel/Palestine mess in a nut shell.

>>why dont other arab countrys absorb Palestinians? why?

... the short answer: Why should they, when just a few kilometres away Palestinians still have the keys and title deeds to their confiscated homes that have been in their families for generations . But a fair haired blue eyed Jew from New York, Golders Green or Melbourne will be given a grant to occupy the stolen home. Now that's racist!

The problem would only fester anyway, unless the parties reach a "just" peace agreement.

>>The jews are there to stay. no going back,

... I agree 110%.

>>until the arabs can accept this, this shit will rumble on.

... the Arabs (yep including Libya and Iran even) have accepted this at the Arab Summit in 2002 "The Arab Peace Initiative calls for the state of Israel to withdraw its forces from all the Occupied Territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize "an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital" in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees. In exchange the Arab states affirmed that they would recognize the state of Israel, consider the Arab-Israeli conflict over and establish "normal relations" with Israel." See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Arab_League_summit Now that's just the opening gambit. A deal can be negotiated around that.

>>remember we're talking a tiny bit of land in a vast area,

...with umpteen nuclear warheads and the 4th most powerful army in the world!

>>israel is under siege.

... a siege of its own making. The ball is in Israel's court... there's a face saving deal on the table... just a few hectares of land "swapped" to compensate for the 1967 land grab so that Israel can keep most of its large illegal

settlements.. a token part of East Jerusalem as Pal capital (after decades of peace they'd get more or less reunited anyway)... International community forks out a few $$billion compensation (far less than cost of Lehman Bros collapse) for stolen land (chickenfeed for the prize of peace, especially when compared to the next conflict... and a tiny investment when you think of the economic world boom to follow)... a few geriatric Palestinians who were actually born in Israel allowed to return, if they wish.... Palestine completely demilitarized like Cota Rica.

Then one day after a decade of peace, Israel and Palestine invited to join the EU. So that Jews from all over the world could return in peace to reclaim their Middle Eastern and European heritage.

It just beggars belief that peace is so tantalizingly close with the most minuscule of concessions to be made. But Israel continues to hold the Us Government and the world to ransom.

Shalom inshallah.

You get the last laugh LazyPhil. ;)

I just knocked back a root because of you. One of my regulars rang up for some afternoon delights... well, she's delighted to drain my wallet that is. I had to say, "Sorry, tilak, I must work on computer."

The sooner peace comes to the Middle East the better for all of us.

Archived