Hate Stray Dogs

Savittre

:susel: straydogs are usually not aggressive because it is not of advantaqge in a hostile environment . they need men to survive . all my liftime I have never been atacked by a dog , I only consider " well trained " German shepherds a risk . for the most serious accidents they are responsible , at least over here .

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubi - agree totally, my son, who loves to climb elephants and ride them, (even doing it to a young elephant that has never been ridden) understands the fear factor.

He has no fear, walks up to a very nice dog, first thing he does is hit it, I've tried stopping him, no avail, dog's see him and roll over.

My daughter though is scared of dogs thanks to a out of control dog as a toddler,

Dogs see her come, and start to bark and instinctively she flinches,

Son hears them barking and his stick or rock, both never leave his hands, are up and ready.

I have to watch my son, be careful he doesn;t wonder near a dog that doesn;t fear him,

But apart from that he;s at ease around Dogs and Elephants and Bufffaloe - Horses scare him, but thats just smart - horses are DUMB

Old gig of mine used to do show jumping, saw her horse flinch once, B class I think, she fell hard,

Got up,

Walked over to the horse,

And PUNSHED it hard in the side of the head.

Horse blinked, she had a sore hand, horse never learnt a thing.

Dog or elephant would learn

My studies suggest that most so-called 'soi dogs' actually belong to somebody. Note the collars on them. They will form packs but it's mostly just a social thing and real strays get rejected. When one starts barking the others don't necessarily join in...it depends how the stranger reacts.

Most village dogs have owners as mentioned earlier. Some even get fed once they're past the puppy stage. However some Thais have the nasty habit of driving their dog to the next village, or into the city and dumping it. Not necessarily a Thai thing I know.

A quite nice dog turned up at our place once, we live at the end of a dead-end soi, and I instructed the Mrs not to feed it, or we'd instantly acquire another dog. However she did and it cleared off, either a doggy judgement on her cooking or it had built up it's strength for the long walk home.

To the original poster:

The best way to get soi dogs to leave you alone is to get a Thai lady to get an oversize rat trap and use it to trap a soi dog. Once you have the soi dog, have the Thai lady butcher the dog and have her serve you up some soi dog curry on rice. After you have eaten a few bowls of this treat, the soi dogs should leave you completely alone.

This should last for 3-4 weeks. When it wears away from your system, just repeat the above all over again. :beer:

Archived