Hate Stray Dogs

Savittre

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loner, Rabbies no longer 100% fatal if treated quickly

Treated quite often, in Thailand as well.

Post-exposure prophylaxis

Treatment after exposure, known as post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), is highly successful in preventing the disease if administered promptly, generally within ten days of infection.[1] Thoroughly washing the wound as soon as possible with soap and water for approximately five minutes is very effective at reducing the number of viral particles. “If available, a virucidal antiseptic such as povidone-iodine, iodine tincture, aqueous iodine solution or alcohol (ethanol) should be applied after washing...Exposed mucous membranes such as eyes, nose or mouth should be flushed well with water.â€Â[19]

Wikipedia.

Mind you once the symptons start, your as good as DEAD

TH - you could be right, point is if bitten, you can be saved, so don;t think you'll die and do nothing.

Recent case in Thailand news, didn't make the farang press, of a lady buying a dog a JJ Market that had rabbies, both the lady and maid died months later.

The protocol I think refers to the sad fact all survivors of rabies have been severely brain damaged.

Better to let die I guess.

Here's one...had a dog coming everyday to take its dump in front of our shop. We put out liter sized bottles filled with water. The dog stopped coming around! I have noticed that others in the area have done the same thing. :dunno:

Buy the strongest chili powder and spread it around where the dog takes a dump. One sniff and that dog won't be back.

TH - you could be right, point is if bitten, you can be saved, so don;t think you'll die and do nothing.

Recent case in Thailand news, didn't make the farang press, of a lady buying a dog a JJ Market that had rabbies, both the lady and maid died months later.

The protocol I think refers to the sad fact all survivors of rabies have been severely brain damaged.

Better to let die I guess.

Link

Jeanna Giese pulled through, a one-of-a-kind survivor of rabies. There are only five other cases of survival after the onset of symptoms, and all of these people had received vaccination in advance or got it soon afterward. Only one of these five survivors escaped major mobility impairment.

Now 18 years old, however, Giese underwent successful physical therapy to correct weakness in her left hand and foot, arm and hand movements, and difficulties with speech. Although she still has some minor problems enunciating words and moving her left hand and foot, Giese can now drive a car and scored higher than average on her college entrance exam. ...

Archived