Is sex addiction a real illness?

WorldFun

So wait...with alcoholism wouldn not the urge to drink be the actual addiction and not the act of drinking? So then horniness would be the addiction and the act of geting off would be the activity where the addiction comes out.

Sounds to me like it's another zany way we try to classify what is normal. Setting a baseline of behavior and then treying to define people around it.

So then lack of the need for sexual stimulation might be considered a disease too.

Seems like crap to me, excuse the typos I'm masturbating while posting this from my mobile.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Is sex addiction a real illness?"

Can't be arsed to read the replies, so excuse if redundant.

No. Purely a reeking pile of bullshit crested by Western "mental health professionals" looking to make a buck and driven by frigid feminists.

Agree with the first part of the above.

However....the original point cost me everything. So, yes. It's an addiction. Here, in Thailand, for the most part, it costs money. If you don't have it, you're a junkie of a different sort waiting for a fix that won't happen. If you have money, you'll get your need. From one who knows.......it's an addiction.

But it costs money everywhere Troy, and in virtually any situation. It's all a question of how much.

When I was in the PI I knew all these geriatric Aussies on the Age pension. Were talking about US$1200 a month in today's terms.

They lived in cheap hotels or shared small flats, say $100 a month tops, drank San Miguel all day in street bars at about 40 cents a bottle, ate street food, say another $5 a day, and a couple of times a week, before the drinking got too serious, wander down to a short time place to get their ashes hauled for twenty bucks.

So the addictions, sex and booze, were catered for; they all smoked, I think ciggies were five bucks a carton, with money left over.

Try living like that in the US or Australia.

I'm an American and for the most part, do live in the U.S. Here, in bkk, it's directly cheaper. One pays pay very little for sex. The extras, ie, beer, shopping, is up to you. I'm talking sex, outright. You don't have money, you're out.

For me....addiction also requires variety. I have a gf and can fuck her everyday but I need more. I can't be with one girl forever. I've stupidly just realized this.

For those that are happy with what you have, I envy you. For those that understand........well......what's the cure????

Archived