Baccara - Check Bin Scams

Skatduder

As a newbie on town but a somewhat seasoned mongers in Pattata. I was screwed out of 1000/bt at Baccara tonight. I didn't see it coming.

I was with another Pattaya resident and a well known member of the Asian boards. We had bought a couple of drinks and a couple of lady drinks. My friend had to leave and we counted up the check bin. He gave me a 1000/bt and I gave him the change. He walked out. Holding the 1000/bt with checks and I gave the check and the bill to service guy. He came back with a slip saying 1110/bt.. I said humm, it was really strange cause I had counted the checks. Not to cause problems I whip out another 200/bt.. He said no its 1110/bt.. I said where is the 1000/bt I gave you ?.. Trying to stay cool and asking what happened to the 1000/bt bill and getting no where. Pretty soon a lady (mamson) came over and said not worry she put in 2) 500/bt of her own money,bs.. but I still owed the 1000/bt.. There was also an older guy with a striped shirt that came over to listen. I was pissed and all I could say was you'll see this on the Internet and I through down another 1000/b and stormed out..

Don't be alone into Baccara when its time to pay.. You may get screwed by the staff and mamsan.

....Don't be alone into Baccara when its time to pay.. You may get screwed by the staff and mamsan.

A lot of people go there specifically to get screwed by the staff (in particular)....

Some people even get screwed by their Hotel Booking agents... :troll:

:redflag::redflag::redflag::redflag:

I believe the owners of Baccara are the same owners of Happy and Peppermint. I know many of the staff members from Happy are now working at Baccara.

In any case, in nearly a decade of visiting those bars, I've never once encountered a problem with my bill. I've only been in Baccara in Pattaya a handful of times but never had a problem.

A good practice to avoid these issues anywhere is to make the service person acknowledge that amount of baht you give them before they go to get your change.

Archived