Burma Girl 2010

bust

Bust,

For those of us that were asleep at the wheel when you posted on her situation, perhaps a quick summary. Is the girl that got three years on what sounded like a bogus drug charge? I am not trying to be facetious, but so much crap happens in what passes for a judicial system here (it's so unbelievably bad and downright embarrassing for Thailand) that I find it hard to keep track.

Anyway, I am glad to here that anyone who has been through the Thai prison system is out, alive and well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after many 1000's of baht and 5 years of hard work we finally achieved for her something she only ever dreamed of....an identity. I am sure none of us can fully appreciate what it is like to be stateless.

Right you are. I sure couldn`t.

You have my respect, Sir!

Bust,

For those of us that were asleep at the wheel when you posted on her situation, perhaps a quick summary. Is the girl that got three years on what sounded like a bogus drug charge? I am not trying to be facetious, but so much crap happens in what passes for a judicial system here (it's so unbelievably bad and downright embarrassing for Thailand) that I find it hard to keep track.

Anyway, I am glad to here that anyone who has been through the Thai prison system is out, alive and well.

She was working as a maid and stole some jewelry.

That about sums it up. Allowed the theft to take place. Made a mistake and paid the price. She survived but it did take it's toll on her. She aged so much in that time. But she survived and now is trying to make a better life for herself.

I recall her/your trials and tribulations a couple of years ago. If she committed a crime that caused her incarceration, hopefully she has paid her dues/changed her ways. In any event, sounds like she's on her way to joining humanity. Good work.

BTW, I notice that the passport in the photo is "temporary". Will she be getting a "non-temporary" document?

HH

Archived